Here are three current stories from the world of college football:
1. One of the Louisville football program’s “core values” is “NO GUNS,” as per a sign in its locker room.
(Apparently Ohio State has a similar sign. Louisville coach Charlie Strong and OSU coach Urban Meyer used to work together at the University of Florida.)
2. A top football prospect told a reporter he committed to South Carolina because it would be so hard to fail out.
The downside is that no guns are allowed under the waterfall. But the upside is that homework isn’t either.
- It's time: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will face off tonight at 9 p.m. ET in the first of three US presidential debates.
- Ted Cruz said Trump's list of potential Supreme Court nominees spurred his decision to endorse his former opponent.
- Parents of the suspected Washington mall gunman who killed five people said he "had mental issues."