Here are three current stories from the world of college football:
1. One of the Louisville football program’s “core values” is “NO GUNS,” as per a sign in its locker room.
(Apparently Ohio State has a similar sign. Louisville coach Charlie Strong and OSU coach Urban Meyer used to work together at the University of Florida.)
2. A top football prospect told a reporter he committed to South Carolina because it would be so hard to fail out.
The downside is that no guns are allowed under the waterfall. But the upside is that homework isn’t either.
- President Obama commuted the federal sentences of 111 prisoners, nearing a total of 700 over the course of his presidency.
- BuzzFeed News exposes a secretive legal system that allows corporations to intimidate entire countries with one threat.
- And Apple has to repay up to €13 billion ($14.5 billion) in illegal tax benefits to Ireland, the European Commission has ruled.