Almost every fan has a primary team, of course. But we also all end up playing favorites when we flip through the channels, or end up watching a lot of another squad when our own team is on a down year. (I, for example, always find myself rooting for LSU and Stanford even though I have no connection to either school. Or remember a few years ago when everyone in the country united to pull for the Mavericks against the Heat?) Below, evaluation of each B1G team's potential for spontaneous, secondary fandom.
1. The Michigan Wolverines
2. The Ohio State Buckeyes
- Win a lot.
- Urban Meyer's offense is really fun to watch, with playmakers slashing all over the field, and Braxton Miller is the perfect super-quick, big-armed guy to run it.
- Ohio Stadium is an iconic, intimidating home and their fans are totally insane.
- Chris Spielman seems like a nice guy.
- Fans idolize two former coaches: one who was fired for punching an opposing player, one who was fired for lying about his knowledge of players trading memorabilia for tattoos.
- One former star was found to have pulled his GPA up into the barely-passing range by taking classes on golf and AIDS awareness.
- Everyone in entire program seems to generally take pride in acting like a jackass.