1. The Brooklyn Cyclones, a minor-league baseball team in Coney Island, have a nice statue of Brooklyn Dodger teammates Pee Wee Reese and Jackie Robinson outside their stadium.
2. Last night, in order to remind us all that sometimes everything is terrible, someone vandalized it. And yes, they picked Jackie Robinson on purpose.
Somebody spray-painted swastikas and racist slurs on the statue which depicts Hall of Famers Jackie Robinson and Pee Wee Reese in a famous pose from 1947, 1010 WINS reported.
Brooklyn Cyclones’ officials made the disturbing discovery when they arrived at the park Wednesday morning.
“Immediately we went into action to try to clean it and remove the graffiti,” Billy Harner, Director of Communications for the Brooklyn Cyclones, told 1010 WINS.
3. Cool. Good start to the afternoon.
- White House Press Secretary, Sean Spicer, repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻