1. Snowmen are neat.
2. Making snowmen is fun for both kids and adults.
3. Even bears like snowmen.
4. And yet snowmen are a little sexist.
5. It’s very old-fashioned, and not in the good way, to imply that being a man is “normal” and that a “snowwoman,” say, would be unusual. Did the snowwomen and snowgirls have to stay inside?
This snowman is thinking about the oppression implicit in his silence about gender norms.
14. And this snowpal doesn’t like movies and TV shows where the female characters are only around to fall in love with or be rescued by the male characters.
15. So consider using the term yourself.
16. To help kids learn that pals of all kinds…
17. …are created equal.
18. h/t Mom
- The Democratic National Convention starts Monday and it's already off to a rocky start. Here's what you need to know 🇺🇸🔔
- Russia won't be banned from the Rio Olympics but its athletes need to pass new anti-doping tests to compete, the IOC ruled.
- Chris Froome has won the Tour de France. He's the first Brit to win the cycling race three times 🚴