1. Snowmen are neat.
2. Making snowmen is fun for both kids and adults.
3. Even bears like snowmen.
4. And yet snowmen are a little sexist.
5. It’s very old-fashioned, and not in the good way, to imply that being a man is “normal” and that a “snowwoman,” say, would be unusual. Did the snowwomen and snowgirls have to stay inside?
This snowman is thinking about the oppression implicit in his silence about gender norms.
14. And this snowpal doesn’t like movies and TV shows where the female characters are only around to fall in love with or be rescued by the male characters.
15. So consider using the term yourself.
16. To help kids learn that pals of all kinds…
17. …are created equal.
18. h/t Mom
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- The UK government has backed a third runway at London's Heathrow Airport, saying it'll benefit the the country's economy ✈️
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏