1. Snowmen are neat.
2. Making snowmen is fun for both kids and adults.
3. Even bears like snowmen.
4. And yet snowmen are a little sexist.
5. It’s very old-fashioned, and not in the good way, to imply that being a man is “normal” and that a “snowwoman,” say, would be unusual. Did the snowwomen and snowgirls have to stay inside?
This snowman is thinking about the oppression implicit in his silence about gender norms.
14. And this snowpal doesn’t like movies and TV shows where the female characters are only around to fall in love with or be rescued by the male characters.
15. So consider using the term yourself.
16. To help kids learn that pals of all kinds…
17. …are created equal.
18. h/t Mom
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Over 200 people have been arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩