1. John Wall got the second round of a relatively uneventful dunk contest popping Saturday night with this effort.
2. The crowd, and the Wizards’ creepy sex-burglar mascot, were psyched to see what the contest’s traditional one-on-one final round would have in store.
3. But then, for some reason involving…Sprite…something…(?), the Eastern Conference contestants got a trophy…then Wall got another trophy…and the contest was over.
4. Neither the crowd in New Orleans nor fans online seemed to understand what was going on, the anti-climactic situation best summed up by the reaction (from earlier in the night) of recording artist Cornell Haynes.
5. Format aside, at least Wall’s winning dunk was legit.
- The top Democrat in Washington, Chuck Schumer, says New York City shouldn't pay for Trump's security, he told BuzzFeed News.
- Today is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total disaster — and it's shows how insane and competitive the industry has become 😱
- The story of two lesbian Chinese billionaires who got married and became the richest couple alive has gone viral, but it's fake ❌