1. With a 6-1 flattening of the Cardinals tonight, the Red Sox won the first World Series clinched at Fenway Park since 1918.
2. Here’s a video, taken from the crowd, of the game’s last few minutes. It gets tense, tense, tense, and then explodes.
6. On-field euphoria quickly segued to the Champagne Stage.
Pablo S. Torre
David Ortiz, sounding the Horn of Gondor
9. Six months ago, the city was strangely empty, locked down during the hunt for the perpetrators of the April 15 marathon bombing attacks.
10. Tonight, tens (hundreds?) of thousands took to the streets in happier circumstances.
12. Some gravitated toward the finish line of the marathon, where the bombs had gone off.
Hundreds of people running up Boylston St across the Marathon finish line cheering #BostonStrong. Thank you Sox!
16. Twerps overturned at least one car, as twerps will do, but there are (as of yet) no reports of widespread violence.
17. With 3 a.m. approaching, the party was still going at Fenway, and no doubt elsewhere.
That is Ryan Dempster throwing off the Fenway mound at 2:53am
19. It looks like it was prettttttttty fun.
21. It’s going to be light in about (oh, God) an hour, but we’re betting the championship glow will last.
23. Bostonians better hope it does, because those hangovers are going to be substantial. And everyone needs to get ready for a rager of a victory parade.
- #Brexit fallout: Opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn says he will not step down after more than 10 cabinet members resigned on Sunday.
- Several people were stabbed during a white nationalist protest in Sacramento.
- Thousands flooded New York City's streets to celebrate Pride on Sunday. It was a colorful party of love and acceptance.