2. Most studies predict that the percentage of energy we produce by renewable sources will rise quickly over the next decade.
3. Other more traditional sources of energy, like coal, have decreased as newer sources, including renewables like solar power, gradually take their place.
4. If that seems a little abstract, think of it this way: The average American consumes the energy equivalent of about 31,000 burritos per year. Right now, about 4,000 of those burritos are “renewable.”
5. Rising renewable energy is great news because the American business demand for energy is growing even faster.
6. As indispensable as they are, computers and other office electronics make up only 8% of the energy consumption of the average American business.
7. We’re particularly energy dependent here in the US, consuming the energy of a population three times our size!
8. But despite our massive energy demands, the future of renewable energy sources like solar and wind power is bright.
All images by Lyla Ribot for BuzzFeed