2. Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy, Pride and Prejudice
The most crushed upon of literary lads (certainly in the Bloomsbury offices), has layers of decency under that stiff upper lip.
And then the BBC added Colin Firth to a wet shirt and sealed Mr Darcy’s fate as literary crush forever.
3. Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird
“Courage is when you know you’re licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what.”
The noblest crush here, and the best dad in the history of literature, all that morality and purpose makes a true hero of Mr Finch.
6. Heathcliff, Wuthering Heights
Ah, Heathcliff, the brooding, vengeful bad boy. Who doesn’t love a man who’s not only forbidden but disappears, and then tries to ruin your life and everyone around you because you didn’t buck society’s trend and went for the safe bet?
Who’ve we missed? Tell us below.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- A federal judge in Hawaii has blocked President Trump from enforcing his new travel and refugee bans indefinitely.
- North Carolina lawmakers say they have reached an agreement to repeal the controversial bathroom law HB2.
- Wednesday marks 73 days since people in northwest and southwest Cameroon have had no access to the internet — at all.
- The first official trailer for the latest adaptation of Stephen King's iconic novel "It" has dropped, and it's the creepiest thing you'll see all year.