1. You miss your parents and their ability to fix problems.
2. You basically just miss your entire family.
3. All your friends back home seem to always be hanging out together.
4. Your social life takes a downfall.
5. So for the first few months, you constantly keep in touch with your old pals.
6. You feel like you've never seen more beautiful people in your life.
7. You wonder how you'll ever choose a significant other from such a wide pool of gorgeous.
8. You realize you're more awkward than you thought.
9. Dating is hard.
10. A friend suggest OkCupid and you're like:
11. But you finally join and in the beginning it's like:
12. Which quickly escalates to:
13. So you go back to hoping to meet people in person.
14. If you didn’t have a sense of style before, you now learn from the locals.
15. And if you did have style before, it’s now amplified.
16. Everyone back home thinks you’re 25% cooler now…
17. …even though you know it's not true.
18. You feel like a tourist because you want to see and do everything...
19. …even if you learn how to walk and talk like the locals.
20. The sudden exposure to so many kinds of food disorients you.
21. But then you wisen up, become bffs with Scoutmob and Yelp and:
22. At dinner, this happens:
23. But you don’t gain any weight because of all the walking.
24. Seeing celebrities happens and you’re like this on the inside:
25. But on the outside:
26. You work so much…
27. …yet you're still somehow broke.
28. But you still decide to treat yourself to something cuz you’ve “earned it”
29. You think drinking will be the same as it was in college.
30. Alcohol doesn’t cost the same in a big city.
31. What happens when you see the price of cocktails:
32. There’s ALWAYS something to do.
33. But staying in is sounding better and better.
34. What you do in public can actually stay (somewhat) private.
35. Unless there’s a photo or snap, your secret’s golden!
36. The chances of running into someone you don’t like become THAT much smaller.
37. You no longer can be as friendly with strangers.
38. Because they’ll most likely respond with:
39. And if you talk a little longer than necessary, they’re probably thinking:
40. Everyone has an iPhone.
41. Cities smell.
42. You gain a newfound respect for where you come from.
43. Sometimes the city will feel like too much:
44. But then something will remind you of why this place is the best.
45. And you couldn't imagine living anywhere else.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!