Fish Fingers Burrito
Mexican spice mix
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon garlic granules
½ teaspoon mild chilli powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon black pepper
10 Bird’s Eye Fish Fingers
1 tablespoon oil
Spicy tomato rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ red onion, finely diced
160 grams long grain rice
300 milliliters vegetable stock
100 milliliters passata
10 grams coriander, finely chopped
4 tortilla wraps, warm
Black beans, cooked
1. Preheat the grill to 200°C (400°F)
2. Start by adding all the mexican spice mix ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine, set aside.
3. Add the Bird’s Eye fish fingers to a large bowl and drizzle with oil, stir until the fish fingers are evenly coated.
4. Next sprinkle over three quarters of the spice mix, stir until the fish fingers are nicely coated.
5. Line a baking tray with foil and place your spicy Fish Fingers onto the tray.
6. Place under a hot grill and cook for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
7. Meanwhile make the rice. In a saucepan over a medium heat place the oil and red onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes until they start to look translucent.
8. Add the remaining spice mix and fry for 1 minute stirring constantly.
9. Next add the rice and stir to make sure all the grains are coated in the spices.
10. Add the vegetable stock, passata and coriander. Stir and bring to a boil.
11. As soon as it comes to a boil turn down the heat, stir and cover. Cook for around 10 minutes or until the rice has absorbed all the liquid. Once cooked fluff the rice with a fork.
12. Once the fish fingers are crispy and cooked through, you are ready to get creative and assemble your burritos!