5. “The Mom and Pop Store” from Seinfeld
Airdate: November 17, 1994
Wherein Elaine wins a radio contest (“Next Stop Pottersville!”) so that Mr. Pitt can hold the Woody Woodpecker balloon at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade (he finds his laugh “intoxicating”). Meanwhile, Jerry tries to figure out if he’s invited to Tim Whatley’s annual pre-Thanksgiving party.
4. “We Gather Together” from Roseanne
Airdate: November 21, 1989
Wherein the Conner family gathers together for Thanksgiving, and Jackie tries to hide the fact that she’s a police officer from her parents.
Roseanne is arguably better known for its prank-ridden annual Halloween episodes, but its equally hilarious Thanksgiving episodes bump the show up a few spots on this list.
- The death toll has risen to 36 in the Oakland warehouse party fire. Officials say they are no where close to finding a cause for the fire.
- Donald Trump has picked retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson to be his secretary of housing and urban development.
- Jill Stein has filed a federal lawsuit in Pennsylvania for statewide recount of the 2016 election, after she withdrew a request in state court.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏