1. Fruits and veggies go bad much faster when you're the one who has to buy them. It's just a fact.
2. And $100 in grown-up money basically equal $1 in real-life money.
3. You can't help but whisper "What tf is this?" whenever you get a real phone call.
4. Spilling your drink is now the equivalent of dropping your ice cream cone, or losing your balloon as a kid.
5. Most of your social conversations consist of "agreeing" to "hang out sometime" with people you don't really want to hang out with, until one of you dies first.
6. You end up getting so good at coming up with excuses to not go to things that people stop inviting you out — and then you get really sad.
7. You now are basically required by law to get up at 8 a.m., and even on weekends, your body won't let you sleep in.
8. You actually start being really happy when someone gives you a pair of socks.
9. And you learn to accept the fact that you'll have to deal with heartburn, diarrhea or just a general constant stomach ache all the time.
10. Home improvement and interior design TV shows become an outsized source of joy in your life...
11. And not only do you have a favorite grocery store, but you also become familiar with their weekly specials and discounts.
12. You'll be out and about in public and then realize that, CRAP, you forgot to take your laundry out of the washing machine.
13. And there always comes a point when you realize it's been a REALLY long time since you were 18, or even 21...
14. When your friends tell you that they're pregnant, you freak out automatically — but then realize that, oh, it's on purpose.
15. And you come to realize that, despite all that time you spent learning the Pythagorean theorem, it probably will not come up again. Ever.
16. But you still secretly do use the same grade school songs to remember your alphabet, the planets, and other basic stuff.
17. Every so often, you have to be real with yourself and have the "You don't need to order takeout, you have food in the house" talk.
18. And at some point, you realize that every grown-up you met at a kid totally did not have their lives together either.
19. Oh, and of course: you now wake up tired EVERY. DAY. OF. YOUR. LIFE.
This post was translated from Spanish.