1. "Planes are only deep-cleaned about once a month."
2. "We notice when two people go to the bathroom together."
3. "You never get used to little kids crying."
4. "Relationships between crew members are very common."
5. "Depending on the airline, we sometimes get to fly for free."
6. "The earbuds are reused."
7. "The blankets, too."
8. "Despite the rumors, the recommended positions on the safety card are not designed to make you die quicker."
9. "The water they use for tea and coffee is drinkable, and it's changed between every flight, but..."
10. "Food is thrown out after every flight."
11. "If a drunken passenger is cool, it's all good. But if they get annoying..."
12. "We don't have special secret codes or anything."
13. "Many of us have hookups in the different cities we visit."
14. "There's not really a restriction on the amount of snacks a passenger can request, but it does depend on how you ask for them."
15. "It doesn't bother us if you request a drink when the cart is not going through."
16. "Male and female flight attendants go through the exact same process (including psychological evaluations!) before they're hired."
17. "The weirdest thing that happens frequently is people deboarding the plane and leaving all their baggage behind."
18. "It's not that common for passengers to hit on us."
19. "Different medical emergencies call for different procedures."
20. "Most of the uniforms are uncomfortable and ugly."
21. "The best part about being a flight attendant is that you get paid to travel around the world."
22. "You can get anything from free booze or extra food to a seat upgrade..."
This article is based on the experiences of several flight attendants, who we thank for their collaboration.
This post was translated from Spanish.