We asked people to share their worst manager experience they've ever had in all their years of working and they delivered. Most importantly, they shared some of their best tips to keep manager experiences positive.
Overall, the main takeaway is that we should all speak up. Whether it's good or bad, no one can read your mind and know what you want or feel unless you express it.
Some additional tips that are from the video and from our brains:
- Reach out to other resources (HR, mentors, etc.)
- Do not gossip.
- Know your limits and when to say no when you're slammed.
- Work together with your manager to help you reprioritize if there's a lot going on.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions if you need more clarity.
- Have honest conversations.
- Don't just bring problems. Bringing solutions is just as important.