1. A broad overview of the Wu Tang Clan
From August 4, 1999, The Wu Tang Clan is an organization from Staten Island that is “heavily involved in the sale of drugs, illegal guns, weapons possession, murder, car jackings, and other types of violent crimes”
The same form from May 5, 2000 describes the Wu Tang Clan as “a well known musical group from the Staten Island, New York area that specializes in Rap type music.”
Loyal associates of the WTC are were awarded contracts to record “Rap type music.”
4. The FBI was thoughtful enough to censor the names of all other members of the Wu Tang Clan in order to protect their identities.
6. ODB was involved in a shootout with police on January 15, 1999.
A Brooklyn jury did not “indite [sic]” him.
7. Two months later, he was arrested for being in possession of body armor.
Convicted felons are not allowed to have that, apparently.
8. Here are just some of the entities controlled by the Wu Tang Clan
10. In late 1999, ODB was robbed at gunpoint by two men.
He was laying on the bed asleep, but woke up with a gun pointed in his face. He fought the robber and was shot twice.
Despite his injuries, ODB drove himself to the hospital.
And despite have a possible lead on the suspects, ODB never wanted the incident investigated, fearing that there would be repercussions for the members of his family that still lived in the projects.
13. A section of the file concerns the arrest of Sean “Puffy” Combs and his then-girlfriend, Jennifer Lopez
Oddly enough, their names are still censored on official FBI documentation.
Shortly after the shooting, Puffy fled and apparently sped through eleven red lights.
16. ODB has had a lot of money taken from him by the police
19. In the late ’90s, there was apparently a group conspiring to rob various famous rappers.
“The subjects were [allegedly] current or former industry insiders who had banded together to commit the robberies.”
20. ODB could be very difficult to track down.
21. This is the oldest crime listed on ODB’s New York criminal record. It is from April 1, 1987.
He was charged with petit larceny, resisting arrest, and disorderly conduct. He pled guilty, was charged with a Class A Misdemeanor and received a three-day sentence.
22. Here is ODB’s Defendant Information profile
Among the odder details: “PHYSICAL CONDITION: APPARENTLY NORMAL,” “TYPE DRUG USED: NONE,” and “OCCUPATIONAL AREA: OTHER”
23. One of the file pages is completely blank except for a description of the FBI’s Deadly Force Policy
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- BuzzFeed News has identified the 4th member of an ISIS cell that beheaded 27 hostages. His mother tells the family's story.
- Greek police have begun clearing Europe's largest informal refugee camp on its border with Macedonia.
- Donald Trump has repeatedly panned the 2011 U.S. action in Libya. But that year, he blasted Obama for not targeting Qaddafi sooner.