Chicken And Wild Rice Soup
for 6 servings
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (455 g)
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon dried parsley
kosher salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup carrot, diced (120 g)
1 cup celery, diced (225 g)
1 cup yellow onion, chopped (150 g)
½ lb mushroom, sliced (225 g)
2 cloves garlic, minced
¾ cup wild rice, uncooked (150 g)
8 cups chicken broth, divided (2 L)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
1 cup heavy cream (240 g)
½ cup sour cream (115 g)
¼ cup fresh parsley (10 g)
1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken thighs with the garlic powder, thyme, dried parsley, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Toss until well coated.
2.In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook the chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board to cool for 5 minutes, then shred with 2 forks into small pieces.
3. To the same pot, add the butter, carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, stir, and cook over medium heat until the veggies are soft, 5-10 minutes. Remove from the pot and set aside.
4.Add the wild rice and 3½ cups of chicken broth to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
5.Once the rice is cooked, stir in the Parmesan, cooked vegetables, heavy cream, and remaining 4½ cups of broth. Bring to a boil. Stir in the sour cream, fresh parsley, and shredded chicken.
6. Serve warm topped with more Parmesan.
Hummus, Veggie, And Goat Cheese Sandwich
Under 30 min
Inspired by bettycrocker.com
for 4 sandwiches
3 tablespoons goat cheese, soft
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 small ciabatta rolls, halved
½ cup roasted garlic hummus (125 g)
1 large seedless cucumber, sliced
2 large roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup fresh arugula (20 g)
1. In small bowl, combine the goat cheese and balsamic vinegar and mix until well combined.
2. Spread about 1 tablespoon of the goat cheese mixture on the top half of each ciabatta roll.
3. Spread about 2 tablespoons of roasted garlic hummus on the bottom half of each roll.
4. On bottom half of each roll, layer 4 cucumber slices, 2 tomato slices, onion slices, and a handful of arugula.
5. Cover with the top halves of rolls. Insert a toothpick into each sandwich to secure.
6. Serve with chicken and wild rice soup.