1. Catch the sunset at Lumahai Beach on the North Shore.
2. Familarize yourself with an amazing plate lunch at Da Imu Hut Cafe in Eleele.
3. Hike among the tallest of trees at Sugi Grove near Kokee.
4. Go through a magical, easy snorkel at Tunnels Beach on the North Shore.
5. Try the best poke at Ishihara Market in Waimea.
6. Feel like you're truly away from the world at Polihale State Park on the West Side.
7. Push your limits on a hike to see the best of Kauai's nature at Hanakapi'ai Falls.
8. Get away from the crowds while still enjoying the best of Hanalei Bay at Waioli/Pine Trees Beach.
9. Find great sights of the mountains, turtles, and monk seals on the easy Mahaulepu hike.
10. Experience a wide variety of amazing food trucks at Hanapepe Art Night.
11. Enjoy the clearest, most unique tidepools at Makapu'u.
12. Hike through World War II history to see Oahu from the top at Lanikai Pillboxes.
13. Taste the best Hawaiian food at Helena's in Kalihi.
14. Get lost in cool waters and cleaer sunsets at Haleiwa Beach Park on the North Shore.
15. Get a view of the other islands by hiking to the top of Koko Head.
17. Catch great views of legendary waves by hiking to Ka'ena Point State Park.
18. See a beautifully clear blue sea at Waimanalo Beach Park on the Windward side.
19. Have a tasty, colorful shave ice at Waiola Shave Ice in Moiliili.
20. Swim, snorkel, kayak, or relax at Makaha Beach Park on the west side.
21. Have all the space you want at Big Beach on the southside.
22. Drive through lush greenery on the Road To Hana.
23. Find out how dry noodles can be so tasty at Sam Sato's in Wailuku.
24. Swim with exotic fish and enjoy rich reef life at Kapalua Beach.
25. Find the calmest pair of waterfalls around at Twin Falls past mile 2 on the Hana Highway.
26. Feast on fresh fish at Mama's Fish House in Paia.
27. Revel in the uniterrupted glory of Hamoa Beach in Hana.
28. Go up into the clouds and look down on Maui by hiking Waihe'e Ridge Trail in Wailuku.
30. Surf dream waves at Launiupoko Beach in Lahaina.
31. Walk on green sand at Papakolea in Kau.
32. Adventure through Hawaiian history on a hike through Polulu Valley in the Kohala Mountain.
33. Get your local food fix at Da Poke Shack in Kailua-Kona.
34. Travel through gorgeous white sands and clear waters at Hapuna Beach.
35. Stroll through an ancient lava flow point at the Thurston Lava Tube at the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
36. Enjoy delightful Japanese cuisene at Teshima's in Kealakekua.
37. Lay on soft sand and watch smooth waves hit the shore at Kua Bay in Kailua-Kona.
38. Watch two beautiful giant waterfalls on the hike to Akaka Falls in Honomu.
39. Have great pizza with a local twist at Longboard Legends in Kailua-Kona.
40. Spend some time enjoying the calm scenery at Waialea/Beach 69 in Waimea.
Aloha and enjoy the islands!
This post has been updated to reflect that Waimanalo Beach Park (#18) is located on Windward, not on North Shore, as previously indicated.