1. People stare when you say "y'all."
2. No restaurant will be able to fry chicken like your grandma.
3. No one appreciates college football quite as much as they do back home.
4. You freak out when it snows, and no one understands why.
5. You'll miss the beaches you used to visit.
6. You'll learn to shop in smaller markets.
7. People are shocked at your politeness.
8. You'll cry with joy when you meet another Southerner.
9. Sweet tea is just not an option that's available to you.
10. Some people will assume you grew up on a dirt road with no power.
11. While everyone else is dying from the summer heat, it won't bother you at all...
12. ...but you'll have to buy an entirely new wardrobe for winter.
13. Your friends from home will have a million questions.
14. All your friends and family will use you as an excuse to visit the city.
15. You'll get used to either walking or using public transportation.
16. You'll be amazed at all the cultural opportunities at your fingertips.
17. You'll get used to people gawking at your accent.
18. And even though you love your new home, you'll always rep the South.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!