1. Listen to your mother. Mothers are always right.
2. Teach your kids not to be a sore loser.
3. Stay true to your family heritage.
4. Encourage your kids to stand up to bullies.
5. And not to take stupid, immature insults too personally.
6. Support your kids in all their hobbies and extracurriculars.
7. When your son gets into a fight at school, instruct him to use his words, not his fists.
8. And when your daughter is having ~boy drama~, be there to comfort and console her.
9. Teach your kids about the birds and the bees...
10. Don't spoil your kids.
11. Because it will keep them humble and down to earth.
12. Stress the importance of being confident in your own self.
13. Enforce the use of proper grammar in your house.
14. And no silly "teenager" slang.
15. Don't force your kids to conform to gender stereotypes.
16. When your kids are having a bad day, reassure them that tomorrow will be better.
17. Cook your kids their favourite dinner.
18. Believe in your kids - they've got a whole lifetime ahead of them!
19. And they will do great things.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!