1. Locals regularly assume you are American.
2. If you're travelling in the month of May, you will have to watch the hockey playoffs at an ungodly hour.
And nobody even cares.
3. People give you weird looks when you go out of your way to hold the door open for them.
4. You go through Tim Hortons bagel withdrawal because bagels aren't really a thing abroad and Tim Hortons sure as hell isn't either.
5. People presume you speak French because "doesn't everyone in Canada speak French?"
6. You can never be too sure when your flight is because of the whole DD/MM/YY or MM/DD/YY thing.
7. People seem perplexed when they ask you what your background is and you say "Canadian."
8. Sometimes, people are surprised to find out that Canada has a warm season (however short it may be).
9. You can't get a Bloody Caesar. ANYWHERE.
And when you try to describe what a Bloody Caesar is to a foreigner, they are utterly repulsed.
10. You also can't get poutine anywhere :(
Unless you want crappy imitation poutine that looks like this:
11. You realize that other nationalities say "eh" more than you even though Canadians are supposedly notorious for it.
12. You leave your cab driver a very generous tip and he just looks at you like:
Because you later find out that tipping is not customary in that country.
13. People might curse you for giving the world the gentlemanly figure that is Justin Bieber.
14. But we also gave you guys Drakeo Malfoy so cut us some slack plz!
15. You get teased for the way you say "out and about" even though you don't see anything wrong with it.
16. Some people you encounter may ask you: "Oh! Do you know so-and-so? He/she lives in Canada!"
17. And some people you encounter may not even know where exactly Canada is at all...
18. But most interestingly of all, don't be surprised if you meet someone who is under the impression that you are immortal.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!