1. Today, in an unprecedented move, Democratic and Republican leaders of the Senate appeared together before the Judiciary Committee.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell made a rare joint appearance to argue about drastic overhaul of campaign finance law.
7. “Please leave three feet for freedom, gentlemen.”
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross under a lake near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 33. "We're still not done," a police official said Sunday afternoon.
- An anti-establishment wave has prompted Italy's prime minister to resign after losing a constitutional referendum.
- Instead of ornaments, a woman decorated her Christmas tree with paper angels honoring the biggest stars who died in 2016 🎄