9. Mayhew took to twitter to fight for his cane.
Giant man need giant cane.. small cane snap like toothpick…. besides.. my light saber cane is just cool.. I would miss it..
11. Twitter responded widely in Mayhew’s favor.
LET THE WOOKIEE ON THE PLANE! Chewbacca Actor’s Lightsaber Cane Causes TSA Trouble http://t.co/ZHlT9P9sDX #StarWars cc: @TheWookieeRoars
Peter Mayhew @TheWookieeRoars was stopped by TSA cause he had a lightsaber. I guess it is a weapon after all, which means Star Wars is real
14. But Mayhew thinks it was the outrage on Twitter that got him his Jedi weapon back.
Magic words to TSA are not “please” or “thank you”.. It’s “Twitter”.. cane released to go home..
15. And Mayhew classily thanked American Airlines and continued to troll TSA:
In Dallas. Thank you to @AmericanAir for checking on me. Problem was all @TSA. I’m a million-miler on American and they are a class act.
16. And TSA learned a valuable lesson.
@TheWookieeRoars @TSA Just learned Star Wars lesson #1: “Let the Wookie Win”.
- Donald Trump responded to the father of a fallen Muslim American soldier who criticized him at the DNC, saying, "I've made a lot of sacrifices."
- Luke Aikins became the first skydiver to successfully jump out of a plane without a parachute. He landed on a net 🌎💪
- Sixteen people died after a hot air balloon caught fire and crashed in Texas Saturday.