1. The date is Tuesday, June 10, 2014 and this smell is wafting through the halls of Congress…
4. A freaking line that stretched through the Rayburn office building…
5. …past a bunch of tables…
6. …along the corridor…
7. …. and around the corner.
8. If you are unfamiliar with the massive size of House buildings, here is a scale:
10. At the end of the line, there are KFC doorkeepers in bow ties, clicking people in…
11. …and guess what awaits these lucky staffers on the other side of that door?
12. JUST GIGANTIC, GOLDEN MOUNTAINS OF FRIED CHICKEN:
13. And all the hill staffers were like:
14. Also, a bathtub of KFC gravy.
16. ****SOUND OF TRUMPET****
18. And plenty of butter and honey to pile on top of everything:
19. And, of course, something to wash it down.
21. Some members of Congress go around shaking hands…
23. …before running off to vote with greasy fingers.
And a fried chicken coma.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes.
- At a rally in NYC, trans New Yorkers asked for support from the broader LGBT community — something they haven't always gotten.
- Barack Obama took Malia to see a Broadway show and everyone is talking about how refreshed he's looking 😎