This post has been corrected to properly quote and attribute phrasing that was copied from a report produced by Sen. Tom Coburn’s office.
BuzzFeed takes its responsibility to readers very seriously, and plagiarism is a major breach of that responsibility. Please read our apology to readers here.
Here is one in Fort Sill Oklahoma.
3. The Department of Defense (DoD) funded research “examining what the behavior of fish can teach us about democracy,” according to the report.
6. The Department of Defense “funded a study that concluded people in New York use different jargon on Twitter than those living in California.”
8. The Department of Defense funded reality cooking show called Grill it Safe featuring two “Grill Sergeants” who performed a 46-minute cooking video.
Upon watching most of this video Buzzfeed has concluded that the Pentagon should not get into the entertainment industry.
11. The Department of Defense has spent over $1,000,000 on workshops studying interstellar space travel.
And (seriously): “Did Jesus die for Klingons too?”
12. The Department of Defense funded a study that determined “a man holding a gun appears more masculine than he would otherwise.”
13. The Department of Defense funded research to conclude that Petri most likely had feathers.
“Archaeopteryx, which existed 150 million years ago and long considered to be the first
bird, probably had black feathers which may have helped it fly, according to research funded by the Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR).”
These special schools “operate at a cost of over $50,000 per student.”
The report shows how one such military school in Dahlgren Virginia is less than one mile away from a public school.
In the face of the looming Sequestration, which will involve massive spending cuts to the Defense budget, this report should perhaps be revisited.
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- This girl totally trolled Donald Trump's son by getting a photo with him in a "Latina Against Trump" shirt — in Spanish 😬
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- Round of applause: This teen got a standing ovation for her high school presentation on white privilege.