3. According to an eyewitness who watched the event: “The money was real, mostly ones. I went up and handled some before handing it back to the cop.”
When asked exactly how much they thought was there, the witness told BuzzFeed, “there was approximately $500 there.”
4. The Capitol Police have since released this statement:
“At about 1:00 pm today, the USCP arrested 3 demonstrators in the atrium of the Hart Senate Office Building. They were charged with “Crowding, Obstructing & Incommoding” under DC Code 22-1307.”
5. According to another eyewitness, one of the protesters was “doing a snow angel in the cash.”
6. UPDATE: The demonstrators have been identified as apart of the Organic Consumers Association and were posing as lobbyists on the Hill.
According to a spokesperson, the demonstrators threw the money to demonstrate how much money lobbyists, specifically biotechnology and food industry lobbyists, throw around on Capitol Hill.
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 247 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- US Soccer suspended Hope Solo for 6 months after she called Sweden's team "cowards" during the Rio Olympics ❌⚽️
- Donald Trump's campaign paid a Barnes & Noble $55,055 to buy more than 3,500 hardcover copies of his book.