3. According to an eyewitness who watched the event: “The money was real, mostly ones. I went up and handled some before handing it back to the cop.”
When asked exactly how much they thought was there, the witness told BuzzFeed, “there was approximately $500 there.”
4. The Capitol Police have since released this statement:
“At about 1:00 pm today, the USCP arrested 3 demonstrators in the atrium of the Hart Senate Office Building. They were charged with “Crowding, Obstructing & Incommoding” under DC Code 22-1307.”
5. According to another eyewitness, one of the protesters was “doing a snow angel in the cash.”
6. UPDATE: The demonstrators have been identified as apart of the Organic Consumers Association and were posing as lobbyists on the Hill.
According to a spokesperson, the demonstrators threw the money to demonstrate how much money lobbyists, specifically biotechnology and food industry lobbyists, throw around on Capitol Hill.
- Donald Trump claims Google's search engine was biased in burying bad news about his rival Hillary Clinton.
- A teenager was taken into custody Wednesday after he shot two students and one teacher at an elementary school in South Carolina.
- "Hamilton" pulled back the curtain on race and Broadway, but these actors show how far theater still has to go 🎭