4. Many war foes praised the man for being brave by hypothetically refusing to follow orders.
5. But others questioned the authenticity of the man’s identity.
8. The oath of enlistment leaves no wiggle room for these statements:
“I, [Name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.”
9. The military code is also very clear on what you can and cannot say about the president as a military officer.
“Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.” — Uniform Code of Military Justice, Article 88
10. And all enlisted men are subject to court-martial if they disobey commands once in uniform.
“(1) violates or fails to obey any lawful general order or regulation; (2) having knowledge of any other lawful order issued by any member of the armed forces, which it is his duty to obey, fails to obey the order; or (3) is derelict in the performance of his duties.” — Uniform Code of Military Justice, Article 92.
13. “For all the tools lately.”
15. H/T Mike Opelka at TheBlaze
16. H/T Paul Szoldra at Business Insider
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- The turnout at Trump's inaugural concert was much smaller compared to the crowd that showed up for Obama's 2009 celebration.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌