Facing a tough reelection bid, Louisiana Sen. Mary Landrieu released a new ad today showcasing her strong support for offshore drilling and Louisiana’s energy production.
But some things in the ad just did not seem quite right.
2. Senate rules prohibit the use of Senate video in campaign ads, which is why the Landrieu campaign was compelled to remake the hearing.
The remake goes hilariously out of its way to recreate the hearing.
They created a TV news chyron and had actors play bored staffers behind the senator.
3. They also missed a few things about real Senate hearings:
Landrieu got to change her jacket for the remake, too.
She also got to correct a verbal flub that she made in her real life remarks and did not wear a brooch.
Anyway, these guys apparently love watching Senate hearings.
As does this guy while he drinks Gatorade, dramatically.
But at least the Landrieu campaign got to get some great b-roll!
- Despite Democrats threatening to filibuster, Republicans are confident Neil Gorsuch will be confirmed to the Supreme Court by the end of next week.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- "We are the press who is under attack," says April Ryan, the veteran journalist who was scolded by Sean Spicer during a heated White House briefing.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information 💻