This post has been corrected to remove phrasing that was copied from the site Baby Said What, from which the structure of the list was also copied.
BuzzFeed takes its responsibility to readers very seriously, and plagiarism is a major breach of that responsibility. Please read our apology to readers here.
3. One of the smallest babies ever born.
Nikki Moore’s daughter Kenna was born at just 272 grams, or 9 ounces, according to Babble.
Baby Kenna shortly after being born.
Baby Kenna and her loving father.
Baby Kenna after being moved from the incubator.
Baby Kenna loves you!
4. A big heart.
The Daily Mail reports: “Ms Cardenas was given three difficult options — abort the baby, carry her to term knowing she would die, or have doctors to construct a hole in her baby’s chest shortly after birth in an attempt to make room for the heart.”
Audrina’s heart at birth.
Audrina loves you!
One happy mommy leaving the hospital.
5. This Romanian miracle is shipping up to Boston.
According to the AP:
“Baby Andrei was born with almost no intestines, and has confounded medical opinion by still being alive, and even kicking, 8 months later. Now there’s hope for another miracle. The Romanian infant has received offers for a complicated intestine transplant, an operation not performed on babies in Europe, from Harvard Medical Hospital in Boston.”
Baby Andrei loves you.
6. Saved by a mother’s snuggle.
According to the Mirror:
“Baby Adam was just 24 hours old when he stopped breathing and suffered violent seizures because of a brain infection. He slipped into a coma and was placed on life support.
Parents Charlotte and Chris Cheshire from Telford, Shropshire, were told to say their goodbyes and take a final photo of their son. But Adam astounded medics when he showed signs of life after a cuddle from his mum.
Now aged 16 months he has taken his first steps.”
Baby Adam Cheshire clung to his mother for life.
Baby Adam is a bouncing, beautiful baby today!
He says “cheerio.”
7. A handshake before you were born.
- President Trump laid out an ambitious agenda in his speech to Congress, but Republicans are still divided on how to pass that agenda.
- The FBI is investigating if bomb threats against Jewish centers came from an internet "troll" and are profiling a lone, young, tech-savvy person.
- Facebook is using artificial intelligence for suicide prevention, scanning feeds for signs of people at risk of self-harm, then offering resources for help.
- Uber's CEO said he's "seeking leadership help" after dash-cam footage was published of him aggressively arguing with a company driver 😳