3. Of course, all those options are better than the militarized, hurricane-prone logistical clusterfuck that was Tampa in 2012.
So the race is on.
4. How this works: Each city sets up a SWAG table and throws gifts and parties for RNC delegates who will be voting on the convention location.
5. Are you from Phoenix? Here is your SWAG table.
6. Phoenix is giving out peanuts, tea, and golf towels!
7. Along with hot sauce.
Get it? Ass Kicking?
8. On Thursday night, Phoenix threw a fancy party called “Rise of the Republicans.”
9. It brought in these girls to entertain the guests!
12. When asked to define his city’s bid for the RNC, a Phoenix representative said: “Leadership of the city really wants this to happen.”
13. Are you from Denver? Here is your SWAG table!
14. Denver’s giving out beer. Coors of course.
15. And this fancy Colorado Native Beer.
That is made with all Colorado ingredients.
16. Every delegate gets this Broncos SWAG bag!
And just look at that super American shirt!
17. Which includes this margarita in a tube!
18. When asked to define his city’s bid for the RNC, Denver’s representative said: “The answer is two words: Peyton. Manning.”
19. Are you from Kansas City? Well get ready to amaze!
20. Your table has popcorn and bags of coffee and chocolates.
The bags come with light-up hearts on them!
21. When asked to define the city’s bid for the RNC, the Kansas City representative said: “We are the heart of America.”
22. Are you from Vegas? Your town certainly wants some RNC.
23. Your bid starts with buying Wi-Fi for everyone at the convention.
One is reminded of this immediately upon entry.
24. Vegas has set up entire lounges, roped off for next-level delegate schmoozing.
28. But snacks and SWAG are not enough for Vegas. It has an OPEN BAR.
Reminder: This is 2 in the afternoon.
30. Oh, and Vegas has TWO of these boozy paradises set up at the RNC meeting.
So you are never more than 50 feet away from a Snickers and a beer.
32. When asked to define the city’s bid for the RNC, a Vegas representative said: “Las Vegas is ready, this is what we do.”
33. Are you from Columbus, Ohio?! Here is your table.
34. You brought ice cream!
But really nothing else.
35. And since I could not find a Columbus representative all day, I made up a slogan for you.
- At least 10 people, including the gunman, are dead after a shooting at a mall in Munich, Germany.
- Hillary Clinton has picked Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine as her running mate. He was considered a favorite for the ticket.
- Employees at a textile factory that made Trump shirts report dangerous, abusive conditions — harsh even for Honduras.