1. In 1996, the Macarena was the #1 song in the country.
13. Their dancing was so good, Al Gore opened his convention speech like:
15. And he just stood there for an awkwardly long amount of time.
This was mocking his own reputation for stiffness.
18. Oh, 1996.
- The White House defended rolling back Obama-era transgender protections, with Sean Spicer repeatedly insisting it's a "states' rights issue."
- Recreational marijuana needs "greater enforcement" of federal law, said Spicer, pitting the White House against eight states that legalized its use.
- Beyoncé has pulled out of performing at Coachella, citing doctors' advice about keeping a less rigorous schedule while pregnant 🐝😭
- Indiana police released chilling audio in the case of two teens found dead in the woods: a voice captured on one of their phones saying "down the hill."