1. You may have heard that many monuments in D.C. are temporarily shuttered due to the government shutdown.
2. And popular sites, like the Lincoln Memorial, are heavily guarded.
3. And ugly barricades are blocking some visible aspects of the monument, including these three that are situated right in front of the Lincoln statue.
4. The problem is, anyone trying to take a picture of the monument will have those damn barricades ruining the photo.
5. But one man decided to change all that today. This is a staffer for Montana congressman Steve Daines.
6. He called over the police lieutenant in charge and explained the plight of the tourists.
8. …and he ordered his men to move the gates!
9. And the tourists snapped photos and cheered!
12. A clean Lincoln Memorial again!
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival has turned into a total shitshow. "I think the festival took on a life of its own," the event's co-founder said 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- We found an average of about one false statement per day from Trump and his aides throughout the president's first 100 days in office 💯
- A teen had a remarkably petty response when her ex asked for his prom money back: She paid him in all pennies 😏