This post has been corrected to remove phrasing that was appears to have been copied from a government website.
BuzzFeed takes its responsibility to readers very seriously, and plagiarism is a major breach of that responsibility. Please read our apology to readers here.
The right to petition your government is enshrined in the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. The Obama Administration recently launched the “We the People” section of Whitehouse.gov. Now, anyone can petition the White House for anything, and a petition that gets 25,000 electronic signatures will get an official review.
3. Issue postage stamps that depict & promote breastfeeding.
“The USPS & Citizens’ Stamp Advisory Committee have a history of raising social awareness through the US stamp program. This worthy tradition of promoting positive social changes can be harnessed in support of breastfeeding as it is a very worthy issue to support and promote!”
16. Impeach New York’s Governor.
“Andrew Cuomo has violated our 2nd amendment rights more than any other elected official before him. We sacrifice enough rights as it is in New York State, and we are now being penalized and law abiding citizens now felons, because of sick individuals in other states.”
25. Get Rid of Petitions.WhiteHouse.Gov
“It is clear that this annoying and utterly useless website is designed to nothing more than channel political activism into a cul-de-sac, and therefore we request you stop this irritating sideshow and shut down petitions.whitehouse.gov.”
- Charlotte police have released video of Keith Lamont Scott's shooting and photos of a gun they say he had loaded.
- The man suspected of shooting and killing five people in a Washington mall is now in custody, officials said.
- Kim Kardashian said she is voting for Hillary Clinton after being quoted saying she was "on the fence."