It was the 25th Anniversary of George H.W. Bush’s presidency this weekend.
His library in College Station Texas threw a reunion weekend for him. Here is what we learned.
22. The entrance of the Bush library has a very, very patriotic bench.
19. After your chocolate doughnut and hot dog breakfast, you are ushered into this auditorium…
…where panels of old Bush advisers sit in smoking chairs and talk about how great things were in Bush’s White House.
17. Bush is always surrounded by four Secret Service men, even when he’s talking with a close friend.
16. Barbara Bush just wanders around the library with her dogs.
15. The library made its own special George Bush socks that you can buy.
Bush loves wearing colorful socks. Coleman tells BuzzFeed that people will just randomly send Bush pairs of flamboyant socks in the mail and that he and Barbara help the president pick out the socks to wear every day.
At the museum store you can also buy George Bush paper plates.
12. In the middle of the Bush library there is a gigantic statue of stallions running over fragments of the Berlin Wall.
(I think this is historically accurate.)
Including what appears to be a Vineyard Vines ad.
8. They also built an oil rig inside the museum.
This is a part of a temporary exhibit.
And you can take a family photo on an oil rig.
Ok, that’s enough oil stuff.
7. Bush threw a BBQ that night and rented some party busses.
This is what a Bush party bus driver looks like.
6. At the dinner a country band played and shot streamers onto Bush, his son Jeb, and former secretary of defense Bob Gates.
5. Jimmy Fallon made a mash-up video of Bush rapping.
But after the video was posted online by the library, NBC asked for it to be taken down. Here is how the audience reacted to MC Hammer Bush.
Unfortunately people still took photos with iPads at this dinner.
Then Garth Brooks jumped on stage and sang “I Got Friends In Low Places.”
Brooks later said it is “easier” to sing that song to a room full of politicians.
1. And the number one most important thing learned at the Bush library:
This photo exists.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘