Meet former NFL Pro Bowler Jon Runyan. He is 6’7, 330 pounds.
After all those seasons, Runyan decided to join a far less functional group of barbarians….
…the U.S. Congress.
Runyan has represented New Jersey’s 3rd congressional district since 2011.
But he still has some big problems.
1. Like fitting into the door of a House office.
2. Holding back when a staffer screws up.
Sometimes you just can’t help yourself.
3. Dealing with the House podiums.
4. Drinking fountains are a mess.
5. And the House cafeteria never has enough food.
7. “Jon, since you are over, could you help me hang this SWAG?”
“Sure bro, no problem.”
8. Congressional subway cars designed for multiple members only fitting one person when you’re riding.
Especially when those other members represent a team that you hate!
Rep. Sean Duffy of Wisconsin, everyone!
What you really want to do is remind them of when you personally destroyed their heroes…
… but it is much more fun to just do the same things to them.
10. But eventually, just having to give into the autograph requests.
Rep. Paul Ryan and cheesehead.
11. Knowing deep down that they will need an extra large frame for your portrait someday.
You can always say to yourself…
- Despite Democrats threatening to filibuster, Republicans are confident Neil Gorsuch will be confirmed to the Supreme Court next week.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- "We are the press who is under attack," says April Ryan, the journalist who was scolded by Sean Spicer during a White House briefing.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information 💻