9. “People have been getting stuck during the application process.”
“And I think it’s fair to say that nobody is more frustrated by that than I am, because, precisely because the product is good, I want the cash registers to work, I want the checkout lines to be smooth so I want people to be able to get this great product.”
7. “As we redouble our efforts to get the site working as well as it’s supposed to…”
“While the website will ultimately be the easiest way to buy insurance through the marketplace, it isn’t the only way. Now, I want to emphasize this: Even as we redouble our efforts to get the site working as well as it’s supposed to, we’re also redoubling our efforts to make sure you can still buy the same quality, affordable insurance plans available on the marketplace the old-fashioned way, offline, either over the phone or in person.”
6. “The phone number for these call centers is 1-800-318-2596. I want to repeat that, 1-800-318-2596.”
“Wait times have averaged less than one minute so far on the call centers, although I admit that the wait times probably might go up a little bit now that I’ve read the number out loud on national television.”
4. “Let’s admit it: With the website not working as well as it needs to work, that makes a lot of supporters nervous.”
“Because they know how it’s been subject to so much attack, the Affordable Care Act generally. But I just want to remind everybody, we did not wage this long and contentious battle just around a website. That’s not what this was about.”
3. “Yes, the website really stank for the first week. “
“Got a letter last week from a self-employed man named John Meyer in Leetsdale, Pennsylvania. He used the new marketplace to get himself and his wife covered and save a lot of money. And here’s what he said because it pretty much sums up my message today: ‘Yes, the website really stank for the first week.’ But instead of paying $1,600 per month for a group insurance plan, we have a plan that will only cost us $692 a month, a savings of $900 per month.”
- Dozens of employees and patients say the US's biggest psychiatric chain locks up people for insurance money.
- "I do like him. I love getting his ideas." Donald Trump says he's asked President Obama for advice on cabinet appointments.
- Airline confirms there are no survivors in crash of passenger plane in Pakistan that was carrying at least 47 people.
- Donald Trump was named Time's "Person of the Year" and people immediately started making memes.