17 Mistakes That Every Single Makeup-Wearing Person On This Earth Has Made
(...and 17 mistakes you've definitely snapped and sent to your mates.)
1. Purchasing the wrong colour foundation for your skin tone.
2. Applying your makeup in bad lighting.
3. Getting lipstick on your teeth and not realising until you take a picture.
4. Getting a bit too trigger-happy while tweezing.
5. Leaving your fake tan on for just a touch too long.
6. Somehow getting your mascara all over your face and very little on your actual eyelashes.
7. Ending up with clumpy spider lashes even though you've done this like a thousand times.
8. Accepting that your eyeshadow is doing its own thing...
9. ...and that sometimes your eyeliner is not going to match up either.
10. Applying just a little bit too much highlighter.
11. Realising that your fake eyelash is trying to make a leap for freedom.
12. Deciding your look could do with a bit more shine and then going overboard with the glitter...
13. Skipping the blending step in your contour regime.
14. Putting on your foundation in a rush without all the necessary skin prep beforehand.
15. Thinking foundation lips was a seriously good look.
16. Forgetting to take your makeup off and waking up knowing that you've not just wronged your skin but also your pillow.
17. And, finally, one of the biggest mistakes of all...forgetting how sticky lipgloss really is.
We all make mistakes. And in the social media age, those faux-pas are pretty easy to find... So why not try Benefit's new social concealer and make your channels blemish free with #ConcealMySecret?
It's been 10 years since we started sharing on social, and Benefit knows that, while shouting about your crimped hair or frosty lipstick was cool once, these days you might want to keep it between you and your besties.
That's why Benefit has launched #ConcealMySecret, a brand-new tool that scans your old Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram posts for giveaway keywords such as "ex", "story of my life", "new haircut", and "sorry not sorry", and flags them for your review – giving you the option to conceal unsightly pieces of your past forever!