There are so many facts, tips, and bits of advice that we get told, but sometimes these are just utterly false.
Here are 21 myths that I'm sorry to say are totally wrong:
1. Eating garlic is a mosquito repellent.
2. Chewing gum takes seven years to digest.
3. Eating rice makes birds explode.
4. Chameleons change colour to match their surroundings.
5. Walt Disney's body was cryogenically frozen.
6. We eat eight spiders every year in our sleep.
7. Nails continue to grow after death.
8. Bulls hate the colour red.
9. Andy Warhol's most famous quote.
10. Goldfish have a three-second memory.
11. We only use around 10% of our brains.
12. George Washington had wooden teeth.
13. You have to wait 30 minutes after eating before swimming.
14. Dogs see in black and white.
15. Pennies dropped from skyscrapers can kill people.
16. Einstein failed maths.
17. Sugar makes children hyper.
18. Bats are blind.
19. Shaving makes hair grow back longer and/or thicker.
20. Dogs sweat out of their tongue.
21. Peeing on a jellyfish sting is actually helpful.
What's a myth that you can debunk? Let us know in the comments below!
Thumbnail credit: Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures