Here Are 12 Moments From "The Office" That Had Me In Stitches, And 11 That Had Me Cringing My Socks Off
I genuinely can't watch Phyllis and Bob's wedding episode.
The Office – the defining mockumentary comedy to many – trod a fine line between cringey and hilarious, and would constantly swing between the two.
Let's take a look at the moments that I think were truly hilarious, and the times when I personally couldn't stand to watch it!
1. Starting with hilarious, we have to begin with Dwight's identity theft.
2. From "bears" to unbearable, Jim's accidental pregnancy reveal at their rehearsal dinner was hard to watch.
3. On a funnier but still very mean note, Michael's reaction to Toby's return from Costa Rica was utterly hilarious!
4. Speaking of Toby, perhaps his cringiest moment was touching Pam's leg – it's SO bad.
5. Something that was pure joy to watch was the "lip dub" opening.
6. One of THE most hilariously awkward episodes is "The Dinner Party", which kind of dips into both categories.
7. I think we can all agree that Dwight's fire drill episode is one of the funniest ever – notably Angela's "cat chuck" moment.
8. But back to more awkwardness, we have to mention the great fish tank destruction of season nine.
9. Back to funny, we can't forget Dwight's Billy Joel cover when he discovered that Ryan had ~indeed~ started the fire.
10. But surely the episode that wins "most cringey ever" has to be "Scott's Tots"?!
Watch at your peril.
11. Just as iconic, but far easier to watch, is Kevin's famous chilli.
12. Onto another almost unwatchable moment, Date Mike.
13. I don't know if anyone gets more awkward than Gabe, but let's be honest, this was more funny than cringey.
14. Another Michael practical joke that went terribly wrong was him "firing" Pam.
15. Stanley's pretzel day fascination was wonderful.
16. But we can't talk about cringe-inducing moments without mentioning Michael kissing Oscar.
17. Back to 'funny' Michael moment – remember the burning of the foot?
18. In terms of uncomfortable episodes, we need to talk about Phyllis and Bob's wedding.
19. I simply had to include another one of Jim's pranks, so here's my personal fave – the wrapped up desk.
20. Bringing it back to cringe, I give you the "Diwali" episode.
21. On the funnier side, the CPR episode definitely needs a mention.
22. It was painful when Michael broke up with Pam's mum on her birthday.
23. Let's finish on a funny note – Dwight and Jim working TOGETHER.
Image credits: NBC unless otherwise stated.