1. It’s easy to become a dogeillionaire
By the time most of us heard about Bitcoin, it was already worth hundreds of dollars and rising. There’s nothing wrong with buying a piece of a Bitcoin, but it’s not very exciting to own .00235 of something. Each Dogecoin costs a fraction of a cent, so you can become a wealthy shibe for only a few dollars. Make it rain!
3. You can dig for DOGE on your home computer
Digital currencies like Bitcoin and Dogecoin are created by running computer software that solves complicated math problems. Because of the way Bitcoin was designed, right now it takes expensive specialized equipment to have a chance of getting any. Dogecoin uses a different type of math problem, so you can mine them on your home computer or laptop! You wont mine as many doge with an old laptop as a fancy gaming computer, but who cares? DOGE is DOGE.
5. DOGE is the currency of the internet
Sure, you can buy a car with $$$$, but why would you when you can buy poems, bedtime stories, and skateboard kick-flips with Dogecoins? Oh, and actually you can buy a car with Dogecoins; reddit user prezdizzle beat out several other bidders to snag rich848’s 1994 Honda Civic for 1,516,234.2 DOGE (about $650 at current prices).
8. Redditors are creating a dogecoin charity to benefit dog shelters
DOGES for Dogs is exploring multiple ways of helping generous shibes donate DOGE to help animal shelters. One approach would be to reward people who volunteer at animal shelters or donate supplies with DOGE; another would be to enable everyone who mines Dogecoins to automatically donate a portion of their coins to animal shelters.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- H.R. McMaster was due to retire from the Army. Now he holds what could become one of the most powerful positions in Washington.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- Chris Brown was ordered to stay away from his ex-girlfriend after he allegedly threatened to shoot and kill her, court documents show.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 👦💨💞