1. It’s easy to become a dogeillionaire
By the time most of us heard about Bitcoin, it was already worth hundreds of dollars and rising. There’s nothing wrong with buying a piece of a Bitcoin, but it’s not very exciting to own .00235 of something. Each Dogecoin costs a fraction of a cent, so you can become a wealthy shibe for only a few dollars. Make it rain!
3. You can dig for DOGE on your home computer
Digital currencies like Bitcoin and Dogecoin are created by running computer software that solves complicated math problems. Because of the way Bitcoin was designed, right now it takes expensive specialized equipment to have a chance of getting any. Dogecoin uses a different type of math problem, so you can mine them on your home computer or laptop! You wont mine as many doge with an old laptop as a fancy gaming computer, but who cares? DOGE is DOGE.
5. DOGE is the currency of the internet
Sure, you can buy a car with $$$$, but why would you when you can buy poems, bedtime stories, and skateboard kick-flips with Dogecoins? Oh, and actually you can buy a car with Dogecoins; reddit user prezdizzle beat out several other bidders to snag rich848’s 1994 Honda Civic for 1,516,234.2 DOGE (about $650 at current prices).
8. Redditors are creating a dogecoin charity to benefit dog shelters
DOGES for Dogs is exploring multiple ways of helping generous shibes donate DOGE to help animal shelters. One approach would be to reward people who volunteer at animal shelters or donate supplies with DOGE; another would be to enable everyone who mines Dogecoins to automatically donate a portion of their coins to animal shelters.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The CEO of Zenefits plans to step down after 10 months on the job. A legal mess nearly sank the company this year.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 🍎💪