40 Things That Are Here To Make Life A Little Simpler For Pet Owners
Having a pet is great, but not always easy. These products will help out.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A pet brush with thin, long teeth capable of getting to the undercoat. A good brushing means a silkier coat — and best of all, less shedding.
2. A snout soother to help moisturize your dog's crusty nose. You hate chapped lips, so your dog definitely hates having a chapped nose.
3. A nail grinder that's 47% off (!) and a little easier and gentler than the traditional clipper. Gone are the days of having to use both hands to clip and praying you didn't cut too short.
4. A 21-ounce jug of Greenies treats, because you love your cat, but boy oh boy does their breath stink! These snacks will help keep teeth clean and reduce tartar.
5. A mini comb that'll detangle and gently remove any eye boogers getting in the way of your pet's gorgeous peepers. The comb does the hard work so you don't have to touch any gross goo with your bare hands.
6. A medicated dog shampoo to manage dandruff, mange, and fungal/bacterial infections. This paraben-, dye-, and soap-free solution will help soothe your pet's itchy bod.
7. A self grooming toy that your cat will love shoving their against. The corner of your coffee table has nothing on this wall brush.
8. The legendary Furminator here to save you from living in a fur storm. It removes loose hair from the undercoat, meaning your thick-coated pet will be shedding way less.
9. A rake and swivel bin capable for scooping up poop while your hands are safely 30 inches away from the mess.
10. A flower water fountain so your little friend can pretend like they're in a school hall getting a quick sip before class. JK, this fountain imitates running water and is more appealing to finicky pets.
11. An interactive tube toy that's basically like Hot Wheels for cats. Your feline friend will love moving the ball around the track.
12. A bag of Greenies pill pockets so you can trick your picky pet into actually taking their medicine. It's like Mary Poppins says, a treat makes the medicine go down.
13. A pack of stain-removing pads to obliterate all the unwanted pet-related stains in your home. You can also use it for non-pet stains as well!
15. 16% off an antibacterial toothpaste that's safe to swallow and doesn't smell weirdly meaty (it's vanilla mint!). It's important to keep those chompers fresh and clean.
16. A tennis ball launcher for 24% off, so you can finally throw the ball far enough to wear out your energetic pup.
18. A dog paw cleaning device for 37% off so Fido doesn't mess up your clean home every time they come back inside.
19. A pet hair remover that'll pull all the fur off your belongings. It turns out that white fur coat you own is actually a black denim jacket???
21. 22% off Duvet Pierce's Nu-Stock Ointment, a miracle elixir that pet owners swear by for soothing red mange, ringworm, ear mites, and small scrapes.
22. A Cat Dancer toy you can waggle in front of your feline whenever you wanna give them a proper workout.
23. A Pet House Candle that completely eliminates odors from your beloved — but stinky — furry friends, leaving you with a refreshing smell like bamboo watermint or evergreen forest.
24. A Thundershirt to provide your nervous pup a little comfort when loud noises are upsetting them.
25. A wall suction that you can fill with peanut butter so your dog will have something to distract themselves with from the unimaginable horror of bath time.
26. A handy device that keeps track of whether or not the dog has been fed. Those hungry puppy dog eyes aren't fooling anyone now, Fido!
27. A wall-mounted play place with bridges and a ladder for your little explorer. Sadly, you're not invited on this adventure.
28. A wood polish that'll spirit away any unwanted scratches left behind by your pet. One day Spots will learn how to use the door handle, but until then, we have polish.
29. 21% off a Tile Mate you can keep track of on your phone. It's made for keys and other small items, but you can also hang it from your often-missing-pet's collar.
30. An immunity-boosting allergy supplement so your itchy dog can finally find some relief. These soft chews deliver a dose of probiotics and other nutrients to help improve immune function, aide digestion, and promote healthy skin. Bonus: They add a nice shine to your dog's coat.
31. A suction cup cat hammock for lounging by the window and getting some sun. More window gazing = less meowing at you.
33. A plush, hollow log filled with squeaker chipmunks for 25% off that your pet can pull out and chomp away at. Seems like a great stress reliever!
34. A bearded dragon harness with wings so your lil' lizard can pretend to be a fire-breathing dragon.
35. 24% off an electric pet shaver that'll make trimming so easy, you'll feel like a professional dog groomer. Reviewers say it's quiet so it won't spook your nervous pet.
36. An organic cat grass-growing kit for the cat who struggles with frequent hairballs. It's made from a blend of barley, flax, oat, and wheat seeds and is a safe source of vitamins and minerals.
37. A pack of Burt's Bees cat wipes to help reduce dander and keep your cats fresh between dreaded baths.
38. A pack of paw protection cream with vitamin E to keep paw pads nice and soft. Most dogs hate shoes, so this helps keep their tootsies safe from the elements (salt and ice in the winter and hot sidewalks in the summer).
39. An ultra effective handheld vacuum to suck up the endless wisps of pet hair that are coating your entire life.
40. An ear treatment that'll clean your pet's ears of buildup, and prevent inflammation and irritation. All the better for them to hear you tell them how much you them love one million times.
Being a pet owner = challenging, but rewarding.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.