37 Hair Products That Will Probably Shock You With Their Efficiency
Get ready to say "wow."
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A collagen coating hair protein treatment that takes your dry, tired hair and turns it into the silky-soft locks you've always wanted.
Promising review: "My hair used to be really soft, and then I discovered hot tools and hair dye. While my hair looks good I really missed the soft texture. This works so well. There are no instructions on the box but I washed my hair with my usual shampoo, towel-dried it, worked about two quarter-sized dollops through my hair, let it sit for 20 minutes and then rinsed out. I went to bed with wet hair, which usually results in my hair being kind of tangled and rough looking, but I woke up and my hair was as soft and silky as it was before I started coloring it. I'm totally in love with this product, I have long, fine hair but this doesn't leave it greasy or weigh it down. I'll definitely buy again." —Ellie
Get it from Amazon for $12.50.
2. A Quench & Curl conditioner that'll help keep your curls bouncy, healthy, AND smelling delicious, thanks to a nice peach-and-clove scent.
3. A guava-scented Rescue and Repair kit featuring rescue spray and leave-in conditioner that detangles, hydrates, and protects against harmful UV light.
4. A silicone-free L’Oréal lamellar treatment ready to inject some serious shine into your hair. This banishes dullness in seconds, leaving you with a lustrous, bouncy 'do without weighing it down.
Apply this directly to wet hair avoiding the roots, massage it in for eight seconds, then rinse.
Promising review: "This is an amazing product for my curly hair that gets frizzy in the Florida heat. I have used tons of conditioners and other products that usually left my fine hair weighted down but had little effect on the frizz. I saw an immediate difference with the first use and have already ordered my second bottle so I don’t run out. Since my hair is chin-length and thin, I use less than the recommended amount. I’ve left it on overnight for deep conditioning and love the feel and texture." —Gail Stadnick
Get it from Amazon for $8.97.
5. An absorbent microfiber towel that dries your hair quickly while being super gentle and nondamaging.
Promising review: "My medium-length, fine, and wavy hair clings to water. It takes ages for my hair to air-dry on its own, and I don't like using blow-dryers or other hot tools. This towel dries my hair quickly, and there's noticeably less frizz compared to a regular towel. I can also wrap the towel into a turban, which is remarkable because I have a fairly large head for a woman (no kidding, my graduation cap wouldn't fit on my head, and it just had to be pinned in place). Summary: This towel is at the top of my list for beauty purchases, no question." —Erin
Get it from Amazon for $20.99 (available in four colors).
See BuzzFeed's full review of this awesome towel.
7. A microwavable headband that gives you beachy curls in just 30 minutes. Simply wrap the warm headband around your head, tuck in your hair, and let sit. It's a low-heat option that delivers hot-tool results.
8. Or Octocurl, a no-heat hair curler that you wear overnight to achieve anything from fun beachy waves to tight curls.
Promising review: "This product was very easy to use and my hair actually curled! My hair is naturally very straight and fine, and I am allergic to most hair product so I try to avoid using any. I ran a wet hairbrush through my hair to dampen, rolled each hair strand around two of the vertical strips, rolled up, and used the provided hair ties to tie each strand up. The next morning I ran my fingers through my hair and I was done! It is fast, easy, and the final result exceeded my expectations." —Verona B.
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in three styles and nine colors).
9. A bottle of Sun Bum's cruelty-free heat protector so you can go ahead and use that straightener without worrying that you're *completely* frying your hair.
10. A bottle of biotin shampoo that will not only make your hair silky soft, but might also give you a little more of it to enjoy.
11. A Sachajuan leave-in conditioner made especially for those of us with thinner hair. It adds body and hydration without weighing you down.
12. Silk18 Natural Conditioner has jojoba, keratin, shea butter, green tea, and other ingredients that help moisturize and nourish your dry hair.
13. Verb Ghost Oil gets its name thanks to its spooky ability to totally disappear into your hair. It's so lightweight, you'll forget it's there (until you realize how soft your hair is now).
14. Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls softens, styles, and holds curls. Big, soft, bouncy curls are in your future!
15. Garnier Fructis 1 Minute Hair Mask is an affordable hair mask option that makes your hair silky soft faster than you get their commercial song stuck in your head.
16. Neutrogena clarifying shampoo scrubs your hair of any product buildup, keeping it lightweight and silky soft.
17. IGX Mistress has instant results — just apply to damp hair and feel your hair immediately become more manageable and silky.
18. A pack of bendy foam curling rods for a traditional way to get awesome curls without the pain of hard plastic rollers.
19. A box of Invisibobble hair ties that will keep your hair in place without pulling or damaging it.
Promising review: "I’ll never wear any other ponytail holder from now on! These work so well! My hair doesn’t break and I’m constantly wearing it in a bun. I was surprised how well these worked and held my hair tightly in place. The best part is that after a day they shrink back to the size they originally started as." —Sarah
See our review of these hair ties (#1).
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $4.99+ (available in five colors).
20. A bottle of the super-popular Ghost Oil from Verb — a lightweight oil that you won't even notice is there, but still manages to nourish dry hair from roots to ends. 👻
Promising review: "This stuff has changed my hair game. I have excessively bleached hair. But this stuff is so great to my hair; it has returned it to a soft, healthy, silky feeling. My regime is wash, condition for a while or use a protein treatment, let it dry till it's damp, then I run like two or three pumps through my hair (I have long, thick hair) and work it into the bleached parts. I dry and then add a little more after. I also add more before curling my hair to protect it from heat damage. The amount you get for the price is astonishing, considering most hair oils are less product for like twice as much. Buy it: works great, smells great, feels great." —Eva
Get it from Amazon for $18.
21. A foaming leave-in treatment that's easier to distribute evenly, ensuring that every strand gets some love.
I love this stuff! It makes my hair feel super soft and healthy. The foaming pump works well and dispenses a lot with each pump. Since it's foaming, it lasts a long, long time.
Get it from Amazon for $17.
22. A water defense prewash to protect your hair from being assaulted in the shower from water and shampoo. Consider this your hair's armor before going into battle.
This formula includes coconut oil, cysteine, keratin, avocado oil, aloe extract, panthenol, and niacin. It's designed to help protect your hair when it's most vulnerable: wet and getting beat up in the shower.
Promising review: "A prewash for your hair! WTH? Sounds weird but it has become necessary for my hair routine! I spray this throughout my hair before stepping foot in the shower and put my hair in bun. After doing my shower thing and letting the prewash set in, I then wet my hair and shampoo. Using this prewash to help fight dehydration (which causes frizz) has helped my thirsty locks immensely! It also has a very nice, almost nonexistent smell." —JenBun24
Get it from Sephora for $29.
23. A bottle of tasty blueberry biotin gummies you'll actually want to eat every day.
24. A diffuser hair dryer attachment perfect for people with curly or wavy hair.
The device fits on the nozzle of most hair dryers. It helps volumize and preserve the natural texture of your hair, so you can keep your curls bouncy and frizz free.
Promising review: "FINALLY!! A diffuser that actually fits AND stays on! This design is genius! There are two buttons on the side that release a clasp which allows the diffuser to adjust to different-size hair dryers. Thanks to my hair dryer and this diffuser my shoulder-length (medium-thickness) hair dries lickety-split with body galore!" —MICHELLE L KELLY
Get it from Amazon for $20.99.
25. A deep-conditioning treatment for textured hair that one might describe as "parched." This wonderful goop will give your thirsty mane the moisture it needs.
Promising review: "GLORIOUS!!!!!! I was recommended this item at Sephora as I have curly hair and wanted a product that will satisfy my hairs needs. Today with a few weeks of using it I can definitely say that my hair is healthy and thriving with this conditioner — and THE SMELL!!!! is amazing. Even after a whole day or errands or workout, the beautiful mint beach island smell is lingering in my hair and I love it! The consistency of this product is thick and creamy, but it is very nice and refreshing."—Ely1993
Get it from Sephora for $36.
26. Bomba Curls Forbidden O — it uses pure coffee seed and castor oil to create a lightweight leave-in product that moisturizes the scalp and promotes hair growth.
Bomba Curls was created by Afro-Dominicana Lulu Corder and makes products that aim to help curly hair grow and stay healthy. This oil is cruelty free!
Promising review: "My hair instantly felt softer, and my curls were more defined. The oil also helped when slicking my hair into a bun." —Katherine A.
Get it from Bomba Curls for $22.
27. A bottle of Fanola No Yellow Shampoo to turn your brassy-yellow blonde to a cool ice-queen blonde in no time.
Get more info on this impressive shampoo in our deep dive into Fanola No Yellow Shampoo here.
Promising review: "I'm not one to leave reviews, but this product deserves it! Holy cow! I was going to go into the salon to brighten my hair up, but after discovering this product I cancelled my appointment. I'm totally in love! This shampoo is not drying at all and just after two washes, I achieved my desired results! I can't recommend it enough!" —Rachael
Get it from Amazon for $7.45+ (available in three sizes).
28. An argan oil hair serum with vitamin E and aloe vera for shine, because your hair deserves proper nutrition too!
Promising review: "I found this product through a BuzzFeed article for those with frizzy hair and THIS PRODUCT DID NOT DISAPPOINT! I put this serum through the ringer; I got this to stand up to Bay Area fog AND the nasty, humid heat wave we got a couple weeks ago. No frizz, no extra curls. Nothing! On top of that, it made my hair super glossy. I'm very impressed. Heads up though, a little goes a long way. One pump is enough to cover my hair and I have medium length hair." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
29. A creamy deep conditioner for anyone with 3a–4c hair. Thanks to its super-fruit oil formula, it provides a lightweight hold that leaves curls and coils feeling soft and moisturized.
Bread Beauty Supply is a Black woman–owned business that was founded by Maeva Heim in 2020.
Promising review: "LOVE this product! My hair is very dry and frizzy but this product made my hair so much more manageable and soft. I will definitely be getting more once I’m out!" —Nivedhitha
30. A DreamGirls comb-out treatment to alleviate some of the pain and frustration that comes with detangling natural hair. Its botanical-infused formula will make brushing curly hair a total breeze.
DreamGirls is a Black-owned, female-founded, *and* family-run haircare brand founded by Tonya Thompson and Sharie Wilson.
Promising review: "This TLC Comb-Out is the best product EVER!! It leaves my hair feeling so soft with no tangles. It even brought out my natural curls. And the best part about the TLC Comb-Out is that a little goes a long way for me!" —Kam
Get it from DreamGirls for $26.99.
32. A bottle of hair oil capsules chock-full of vitamin B5 and keratin so you can properly hydrate your hair, even on the go.
They're cruelty free and the capsules are biodegradable!
Promising review: "I have very straight hair and thin hair so I have to be very careful when using certain products, because they might make my hair very greasy. I wanted this particular product because of the amazing-sounding hair nutrients in it. I also think the packaging is super cute. At first, I was afraid that this would make my hair a greasy mess, but let me tell you, I threw caution out the window after I used this for the first time. Miraculously, it did not make my hair weighed down or greasy. In fact, it was like it doubled in volume and shine, literally like magic. Plus the scent is absolutely heavenly. I have been using this for about once a week and my hair has been thicker, healthier, shinier, softer, and best of all it has been shedding less!" —Lauren
Get a bottle of 30 capsules from Amazon for $26.75.
33. A hair-finishing stick to smoosh down all those annoying flyaways that escaped your bun.
34. Or an edge control gel that'll help lay edges and baby hairs for a sleek look without the unwanted flaking and residue.
BUT we want to add that no one should feel pressure to lay their edges unless they way want to! Check out "Just A Friendly PSA That You Don't HAVE To Lay Your Edges Down If You Don't Wanna."
Promising review: "Hands down! The best edge control I have ever used and I have used a lot of them. Stayed all day! No flakes and nongreasy! And this one is not even the strongest in the line. Love this product!" —Seabea2013
Get it from Amazon for $7.50+ (available in two sizes).