28 Comfortable Shoes That You Can Probably Walk 500 Miles In (And 500 More)
🎵 When you go out, yeah, you know they're gonna be / They're gonna be the shoes who goes along with you. 🎵
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. The famous Plaka sandals – everyone loves these for their comfort and water-resistant braided straps that make them the ultimate beachwear.
Over 9,400 Amazon 5-star reviewers swear by these handcrafted, rubber-soled wonders.
Promising review: "I bought these for a trip to New Orleans, which involved lots and lots of walking in high humidity. I literally got compliments on them everywhere we went, and they were so comfortable I could wear them all day. We walked miles and miles and my feet didn't hurt (which is a small miracle given that I have arthritis). They're surprisingly durable and the woven fabric is incredibly soft. Even when my feet swelled due to the heat and humidity, they were still pretty darn comfy. I highly recommend these sandals and plan to buy a few more pairs this spring." —UrbanUtah
Get them from Amazon for $29.95+ (available in sizes 5–11 and in 26 colors).
2. Soludos lace-up wedges that are somehow super comfortable despite the 4-inch lift. Reviewers swear that these things are lightweight and comfortable despite the big wedge heels.
3. Sorel Kinetic Impact lace sneakers with a lightweight, breathable design boasting a two-pod sole for some much-needed cushioning. The cute scalloped sole is just the cherry on top.
Promising review: "I bought these a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE THEM! They are super comfy and very cute. I’m kinda obsessed with the way they look. I’ve had tons of compliments on them. They run a little big so order down a half size or so (which is perfect when you wear a size 11.5). Will probably buy another pair." —Heather
Get them from Sorel for $140 (available in sizes 5–12 and in six colors).
4. Cut-out mules for anyone who loves flats but is sick and tired of ballerina flats.
BTW — Zou Xou Shoes is a Black woman-owned business that has been creating handcrafted shoes by Argentinian shoemakers since 2015. The styles are easy and classic so they can be worn for years. These mules are handmade to order in European sizes, and they suggest sizing up. So, if you wear a US 8, choose a 39.
Promising review: "These shoes are great! The leather is soft and comfortable — no breaking in necessary." —Eileen chao
5. A pair of Ugg's fluffy "Oh Yeah" slippers so you can treat your feet as you shuffle back and forth from your couch to the fridge 100 times a day. Maybe on your 101st trip, a new snack will magically appear.
Promising review: "I would say go with your size that you wear in UGGs and if you don’t have any, go a size down than your regular size of what you wear in sandals. They’re sooo cute!!!! You’ll fall in love if you get a pair." —Bri
Get them from Zappos for $99.95+ (available in women's sizes 5–12 and 21 styles).
6. Sam Edelman rain boots that sneakily look like regular Chelsea boots. Stay dry *without* having to deal with clunky Wellies.
I hate rain boots. They're clunky, uncomfortable, and just cumbersome monsters that take up too much space in my closet. And as helpful as they're supposed to be, I can never figure out when to wear them. It seems like whenever I put them on, the rain stops an hour later and I'm the one doofus wearing rain boots on a sunny day. As much as I'd like to swear off rain boots forever, I don't really feel like moving to Arizona, and I'm sick of coming home in waterlogged sneakers. That means finding a compromise: waterproof shoes that can be passed off as normal shoes.
But thankfully, I found these Sam Edelman boots on Amazon. The matte boots are subtle and can easily pass off as normal shoes. They're comfortable, and most importantly, definitely waterproof. I have flat feet so there's a little extra space between my foot and the top front of the boot, but it doesn't make walking difficult or painful. They have little tabs on the heels, which make it easy to yank the boots on and off. Finally, I can wake up on a rainy day and not have a minor breakdown trying to figure out what shoes to wear.
Get them from Amazon for $17.60+ (available in sizes 4–13 and 10 styles).
Psst: this item is included in Prime Wardrobe so you can give it a trial run if you're a member!
8. A pair of Cole Haan sneakers because look, Cole Haan is famous for making comfy-as-heck shoes. These are no exception thanks to their foam padding and lightweight outsole.
Promising review: "These are my first Cole Haan sneaks, and I don't think I'll ever be tempted to buy from another company. They are beautifully made yet stylistically subtle and were immediately comfortable. I can wear them with everything in my closet, and they're now my go-to shoe. I love the way the leather has broken in so that the shoes now look lived-in but still very chic. I'm invariably a size 9–9.5, and I purchased the 9. They fit perfectly snugly, and I prefer them with thinner socks. I couldn't be more pleased." —K. C. S.
Get them from Cole Haan for $130 (available in sizes 5–11 and in four colors).
9. Or Cole Haan's ultra-lightweight tennis sneakers with a simple silhouette that makes it an easy choice to grab and go every single morning.
Promising review: "I bought these shoes before leaving on a trip where I would do a lot of walking. I was nervous going out for a day on vacation where I would be walking close to 10 miles in new shoes, but lo and behold these shoes were amazing! They are so incredibly comfortable! Added bonus is they are super cute too! Can’t say enough good things about these!" —Walk500MilesOConnell8-11-21-6030775
Get it from Cole Haan for $130 (available in sizes 5–11, wide sizes 5–10 and in two colors).
10. Low heels for dressy days when you still have some moving to do, aka when you go to a wedding and wanna run to be the first person to score a slice of cake.
11. Everlane flats designed to mold to your feet as you wear them, meaning you'll love them more and more with each walk outside.
12. Sanuk flip-flops with a cushioning that mimics yoga mat material, meaning your sweaty feet are going to be in good hands. Oh, and they last FOR-EVERRR.
Promising review: "These are my favorite. As a Southern Californian, I wear flip-flops year-round. The last pair of Sanuk yoga mat flip-flops I bought lasted through almost three years of constant wear (they were basically the only shoes I wore for three years, so I'm serious when I say constant). They're comfortable enough to wear for a day at Disneyland, even with arthritic joints." —beth
Get them from Amazon for $18.82+ (available in sizes 5-11 and in 11 colors).
13. Or a pair of colorful Sanuk sling sandals if you're looking for something a little more exciting.
Promising review: "I bought these while I was pregnant because I needed a comfortable sandal. These are suuuper comfy and a great quality, I like them so much I bought another pair in a different color. Highly recommended." —JKW
Get them from Amazon for $24.95+ (available in sizes 5–11 and in seven colors).
14. Allbirds tree runners that are honestly a fan-favorite of the BuzzFeed Shopping team. Anyone who has worn them has claimed that there isn't a single sneaker in existance that can beat them in sheer comfort.
You can also machine wash them! Just be sure to not put them in the dryer; let them air dry after washing.
Promising review: "Why did I wait so long??? I wish I could wear these shoes all day for everything! They're so comfortable and lightweight." —Stone, C.
Get them from Allbirds for $95 (available in whole sizes 5–11 and 17 colors).
15. A Sorel strappy sandal in a variety of fun and eye-popping colorways. Take a look at the below in all their candy-colored glory.
Promising review: "These shoes are a breath of fresh air. I need comfortable shoes because of so many foot surgeries. It can be so hard to find something that actually looks great but is comfortable to wear for hours. These shoes are so comfortable!!!! I could not be more pleased." —Melissa M
17. Merrell buckle strapped sandals that just LOOK really comfortable. Check out the contoured insole!
You can pick backstrap, slide, or wrap.
Promising review: "These sandals are the best I have had since I bought my sandals in Israel many years ago. Not only are the comfortable, but the fit is perfect. I wore them today and didn't even realize that I was wearing a new pair of sandals. Great purchase... Will continue to buy from Merrell." —KADENIKA
Get them from Merrell for $95.99 (available in sizes 5–11 and four colors).
18. Greats sneakers that are high-end shoes at a mid-range price point. Thanks to their buttery smooth leather, some reviewers claim they don't even need socks to wear them!
BuzzFeed editor Abby Kass seriously put these shoes to the test:
"The first time I wore these shoes, I walked 16,000 steps in them. Yep, you read that correctly, 16,00 steps and not a single blister and no foot pain at the end of the day. Soon after that day, these shoes became my new go-to's. They have a classic look to them and really do go with everything. I even took them on vacation with me to Paris, and I wore them almost every day. They didn't look like tourist shoes at all, and I never had any pain while wearing them. The price point is a bit steep on them, but for the quality, I really do think they are worth it."
Get them from Greats for $149 (available in sizes 6–10 and 14 styles).
19. Teva Hurricane Drift Sandals that are a trendier version of the classic Tevas we all grew up with without sacrificing a molecule of comfort.
Promising review: "I listened to reviews and sized down, I am usually a 6.5–7 and the 6 was spot on for me. Just wore 'em today and they were so light and comfy and I got multiple compliments on them!! Get them!" —GemaGem
Get them from Urban Outfitters for $40 (available in sizes 7–10 and three styles)
20. Reebok Club C 85 vintage sneakers that are just an absolute classic sneaker choice. Plus, they come in a ton of colors, so you can buy a pair for every mood and outfit change.
Reviewers note to buy these in a size up from your usual shoe size!
Promising review: "Love these shoes! I saw them in store at UO but they didn't have my size. Obviously I turned to Amazon because what doesn’t this site sell, and lo-and-behold, y’all had it. I try to pair these with almost every outfit because they’re so comfy and stylish! Recently went to Philly, where I had to walk everywhere because we didn't rent a car and these were only pair of shoes I brought (I travel light). These didn’t cramp up my feet at all as I walked over seven hours daily over the course of five days. Definitely recommend!" —Alli J
Get them from Amazon for $38.76+ (available in women's sizes 5–11 and 21 styles).
Psst: this item is included in Prime Wardrobe so you can give it a trial run if you're a member!
21. Rothy's slip-on sneakers that are a favorite amongst parents, long-walk-takers, and pet owners. These are machine washable so you can just throw them in the laundry bin whenever they're looking a lil' dingy.
22. High-top sneakers for that coveted effortlessly cool look you've been trying to master. These cool-but-casual shoes will hide the fact that you put a lot of work into your "oh, I just threw something on" outfit.
Psst, reviewers note that these babies takes a couple of wears before they're fully broken in!
Promising review: "I am a boot woman to the core, but I also love comfort. These almost feel like a boot when it comes to outfits, I’ve worn them with dresses, skirts, jeans, and dress pants and they are fantastic each time. The leather wears well and looks better over time. They fit great, too. True to size!" —Ranie N.
Get them from Nisolo for $160 (available in sizes 6-11 and in two sizes).
23. Charming Superga 2750 Fantasy Cotu sneakers for anyone who isn't yet sick of the tie-dye trend. I know I'm not!
25. Huarache sandals in a variety of bright colors offering both comfort and style, the two most important things when it comes to getting dressed.
Macarena Collection is a small business based in Buena Park, California. All of the shoes are handmade by Mexican artisans. Since they only make whole sizes, they suggest sizing down if you're in between as the shoes will stretch and mold to your feet as you wear them.