1. Donald Trump hasn’t been shy about his position on Mexican immigration, which is a position that has left several people feeling alienated and upset.
2. Meet 24-year-old Carmyn. Her family is from Mexico and she currently lives in California with her mother, who (along with Carmen) is a U.S. citizen.
4. His speech made sweeping generalizations about Mexican immigrants as a whole (both legal and illegal).
5. For Carmyn, watching something like this was terrifying…
6. …And seeing the way the crowd rallied in support for Trump was even more disconcerting.
7. She was unsure of how to feel: Scared, upset, angry… or all of the above.
8. So, in an effort to comfort Carmyn, her mother found data to disprove the horrible claims Trump had made about Mexicans and their culture.
12. So, as far as Carmyn is concerned, Trump can sit down…
13. …Because no one should feel intimidated or unwelcome in their own country and in their own home.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- An off-duty Los Angeles police officer was caught on cellphone video firing at least one shot during a confrontation with several teens.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- A couple recently celebrated their engagement with a "La La Land" inspired photo shoot, and it's pretty cute 💍📷