31 Video Games From Walmart That’ll Probably Make You Want To Stay Home All Weekend
You better stock up on snacks too while you're at it.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A new Zelda game for the Nintendo Switch that my roommate has been talking about forever, so it must be fab. Within the game, players get to explore as Link, foraging fields and forests and collecting outfits and gear along the way.
2. A PS4 basketball game for gamers and hoops players alike. Most notably, NBA 2K20 also lets you play as WNBA players.
3. A LEGO Nintendo Switch game that's fun for the whole family. Use your imagination and bring your vision to life with bricks.
4. A Spider-Man game for PS4 where you get to traverse the city as Marvel's one-and-only web-slinger. One of the most renowned parts of the game is how interactive it is. You can traverse the entire city while defeating villains and exploring Peter Parker's life.
5. A playful Nintendo 3DS animal game for little ones looking to create their dream town. Believe it or not, adults often end up loving it just as much.
6. A Nintendo Switch Super Mario Maker game that the whole family will love. My 5-year-old nephew is stoked by this game, which lets you create your own courses and share them with other players.
7. A thrilling Xbox One game for gamers who like fighting and gadgets. With every new battle you find yourself in, you get to stock up on new gear that makes your player that much better.
8. A Minecraft game where players build homes, towns, and more, block by block. It's made for Nintendo Switch and is equally enjoyable for every generation — my mom and nephew can vouch for that.
9. A Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game for people who like to be ahead of the curve. This much-anticipated game is available for preorder for Nintendo Switch and will arrive by March 10.
10. A heist video game that's technically for a mature audience. Grand Theft Auto V features intense violence, mature humor, sex and nudity, strong language, and use of drugs and alcohol, so just keep that in mind if you're shopping for your kid.
11. A Pac-Man game for both boomers and millennials. This old-school game for Xbox One brings back the '80s in a way that's equally fun for family game night and drinking games with friends.
12. A Nintendo Switch Super Smash Bros game that merges the worlds of Mario, Donkey Kong, Pokémon, Zelda, and more. Up to eight people can play this family-friendly game.
13. A fighting game for folks who dream of becoming the ultimate fighting champion. This PS4 game features a fun G.O.A.T. Career Mode where players can create hype for their fights, make money to boost their training, and create rivalries with other fighters.
14. A Nintendo Switch game that lets players navigate Luigi's dream vacation–turned–nightmare. The ooey-gooey setting makes for a spooky playing experience that's fun, but not too scary.
15. A Madden NFL game for football fanatics everywhere. It lets players partake in every step of their character's career and is designed for PS4.
16. A Mario Kart Nintendo Switch game so you can battle your friends and family on the racetrack. Up to four people can race at once, plus it features the Inklings as playable characters.
17. A Dragon Ball Z game for hard-core Goku stans. In this PS4 game you can fight, fish, eat, and train with Goku.
18. A PS4 FIFA soccer game so you can run onto the pitch with the best players in the world. In this game, you can earn rewards, customize your player, and recruit for your team, all leading up to the VOLTA World Championship tournament in Buenos Aires.
19. A Donkey Kong Nintendo Switch game for people who are cool with cartoon violence and loads of bananas. For the first time ever, players can adventure as Funky Kong within this frozen tropical island.
20. A Star Wars Jedi game where you get to take on the role of a Jedi-turned-fugitive Padawan. The Xbox One game is super hard to put down — take it from someone whose roommate plays it for hours on end.
21. A western game for PS4 that you will likely become obsessed with. While it features graphic imagery and weapons, it also showcases the ability to talk to your horse — so, balance.
22. A post-apocalyptic Fallout game for people who want to explore and handle major amounts of weapons. This XBOX 360 game is violent and is rated Mature, so just keep that in mind when clicking "Add to Cart."
23. An XBOX One NHL game that's great for anyone who likes hockey. In NHL 20, you get to hone your skills and customize your player's path with over 1,100 choices and it *finally* comes with three new game modes.
24. A Crash Bandicoot game for Nintendo Switch folks who like to get the most bang for their buck. The best-selling game features three games within one, ensuring players won't get bored right away.
25. A Call of Duty Xbox One game that lets you play a pivotal role in the balance of global powers. It's a classic multiplayer game based in modern warfare, so make sure you're cool with guns and explosions if you opt for it.
26. A new Nintendo Switch Super Mario Bros game for players of all ages and experience levels. The best part of this game is that it has characters tailored to younger, less-experienced players. So, if you're not super versed in the game, opt for Toadette or Nabbit, both of which offer extra assistance during game play.
27. A single-player sci-fi role-playing game where your player wakes up decades after getting lost in transit. You get to decide if you're the hero.
28. A Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog Nintendo Switch game that has endless options for fun. The setting is the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and players can choose from over 30 events, all of which can be played individually or in multiplayer mode.
29. A PS4 shooter game for anyone looking to test their survival skills. The game focuses on your role as an Elite US Special Operations soldier (aka a ghost), fighting for your life after your fellow soldiers have turned against you.
30. A Need for Speed racing game that speed enthusiasts will melt over. Within the game, you'll get to deck out your rides, build your garage, and more.
31. A dark adventure for fantasy fanatics. Within the game, you have 150 hours of gameplay to roam, use your magic, shoot bows, and play out your ultimate fighting fantasy as Geralt of Rivia, a mercenary monster slayer.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.