28 Splurge-Worthy Pet Products That’ll Basically Pay For Themselves Over Time
From a Furbo pet camera to the cutest carrying bag, these splurges are well, well worth it.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An extremely durable pet carrier that's great for traveling with your pup, as well as offering them a safe space to sleep while on the go. After trying a variety of different pet carriers, this bag is my favorite thanks to its spacious design, sturdy silhouette, top handles, messenger strap, and thick-yet-see-through mesh paneling (many of the other carriers I've tried are SO dark and my little man just isn't about it).
2. A Furbo pet camera so you can keep an eye on your fur baby at all times. Whether you're in the other room or another state, the treat-dispensing, pet-monitoring camera will become a staple in your home — especially since you can record videos and talk to your pet through it.
3. A Top Paw® super-wide convertible pet gate for folks looking for ways to keep their pet(s) safe without putting them in a crate for long periods of time. This sturdy pet gate can be assembled as a gate or configured into a pen with extra panels. Just keep in mind that, standing at 28 inches tall, it's best for small and medium-sized dogs, as larger dogs could jump over it if they wanted to.
4. A top-rated dog training collar that will help teach your pup to sit, stay, come, and even not to bark. The waterproof collar comes with beep, vibration, and static modes that alert your dog but won't hurt them.
5. A set of swivel pet stairs so your pet can easily get onto the bed, couch, or chair. The stairs can be aligned straight or finagled around the corner of a bed or couch. What's more, the stairs are hollow and have a latched door, so you can store pet products in it to keep them out of sight.
6. A faux fur orthopedic dog bed that looks more like a high-end sheepskin than a waterproof pup bed. The cult-favorite dog bed is made with four layers, the top of which is removable and machine-washable, and the second topmost is waterproof to protect the other two layers from soiling.
7. A top-selling pet ramp to ensure your pup can easily get into and out of the car. The folding ramp weighs about 10 pounds and can support up to 150 pounds. What's more, it's lined with a non-slip mat that will help give your pup more traction while on it.
8. Or a backseat car extender so your dog doesn't accidentally fall off the seat while you're driving. And don't worry, it comes with a pop-up flap to keep them from having access to the front seat over the center console, so it's safe for everyone.
9. A backpack designed specifically to carry your pet around on your back. It's roomy, water-resistant, and perfect for puppies who aren't quite the best leash walkers.
10. A Petmate kennel that will quickly become a safe space for your pup. I put Cash (my pup) in his at night and he sleeps like a baby. I also use it on long car rides, as it has a seatbelt slot so that you can easily secure it in your backseat. What's more, there's a little compartment on the top where you can store treats for your pup. It's a win all around.
11. A booster seat for your small pet so they can see out the window whenever you take them on a ride. It comes with three stabilizing attachments, so in addition to giving them the best view, it keeps them safe, too.
12. A dog DNA kit so you can finally know what breed(s) your pup is. After all, if you rescued them, more often than not, the fosters and/or rescue organization are simply offering their best bet on their breed.
13. Or! A cat DNA test because dog owners aren't the only ones wishing to know more about their pet's breed. This top-rated test was featured on Shark Tank, so it's already ~shark-approved~!
14. A travel bag made especially with pups in mind. The roomy backpack comes with two food carriers, a placemat, and two silicone bowls for easy (and clean!) eating on the go, as well as a spacious interior where you can pack blankets and toys. What's more, the front pouch has a built-in place for poo bags, so you'll never be without one again.
15. A Casper dog bed that's designed with extra fabric to give your pup a safe space to paw around. It's framed with bolsters so they have a cozy place to lay their head, too.
16. A Wild One harness walk kit so your pup will look as stylish as possible on their walks. The kit comes with a harness, leash, and poo bag dispenser, all of which are sold in the same color. I have the spruce set and absolutely love it.
17. A self-cleaning litter box for cats who always have to go and cat parents who hate having to clean up after them. The automated litter box scoops waste away to keep the box and surrounding area smelling fresh for days on end.
18. A Snuggle Puppy so your pup won't feel quite as alone when you're not around. What seems like a slightly larger toy is actually a behavioral aid device complete with a heartbeat that can be turned on and off. Take it from someone who has one for her puppy: It's life-changing!
19. An automatic pet feeder for pet parents who sometimes forget to feed on time. This setup — which holds up to 12 meals — lets your program feedings so your fur baby will never go hungry.
20. A backyard kitty compound so your cat has somewhere safe and fun to play outside. The durable mesh tent and tunnel provides over 30 square feet of space, so they'll have plenty of space to romp around.
21. An L-shaped bolstered dog bed to give your pup plenty of places to rest their head. The orthopedic bed is lined with faux fur so that they'll want to snuggle up on it all day long.
22. A cat cage playpen for frisky kitties who like to get into everything. With this 5.5-foot cage, your cat(s) will be able to climb, play, and lounge in one of two hammocks while you're away.
23. A cult-favorite Wild One pet carrier that's now available in the brand's signature green spruce color. The airline-approved carrier is unique in that, when unzipped, the side unfurls into a mat that your pup can lay on. What's more, it has a side pocket so you can bring along your phone, wallet, and keys without fumbling them in your hands.
24. A jumbo pack of Best Bully Sticks, because they will keep your pup entertained for hours on end. Take it from someone whose 5-month-old puppy is completely and totally obsessed. (Just be sure to watch your pup while they're chewing on them, as you'll want to take it away once they whittle it down to a couple of inches.)
25. A backseat dog hammock so your pup will stay confined but free in the car. The easy-to-install hammock protects your seats and comes with harness attachments to help keep your dogs secure, too. It's a win-win for everyone.
26. A pet stroller for dogs and cats who can't keep up on long walks. The hooded stroller provides a safe, cozy, shades space for them to lounge while you push them along.
27. A PupProtector™ faux fur, waterproof throw blanket to keep your furniture and car seats free of stains. The faux fur blanket is made with a unique waterproof internal lining so even if liquid seeps through to the interior, it will never get all the way through the blanket to whatever it is you're protecting. (Trust me, I have four of them and swear by them for my beds and sofa.)
28. A weather-proof aluminum pet door so your pet can walk outside at their leisure. The door is available in an array of sizes to accommodate dogs up to 200 pounds. While it's outfitted with a flap that pets can easily breeze through, it can be adjusted so that they can only use it when you want them to, so it won't become an easy entrance for intruders either.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.