29 Pet Products From Amazon You'll Probably Think Are Pretty Darn Smart
From doggie seat belts and odor-lifting pads, here you'll find a bunch of smart pet products you'll want to make room for in your home.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A backpack designed specifically to carry your pet around on your back. It's roomy, water-resistant, and perfect for small dogs and small-to-medium cats.
2. A Paw Plunger paw cleaner for your pet's dirty paws — and, inadvertently, your floors. The handy little mug is filled with soft bristles to easily clean your pup's footpads. Simply fill with a little bit of water, plunge, and ogle over just how well it works.
3. A red life jacket that will help your dog float during water adventures. It's versatile, too, as the flotation layer can be removed and the liner can serve as a raincoat for your pup.
4. A pack of Greenies dental treats so you don't have to take so many trips to the doggy dentist. These tasty, toothbrush-shaped treats are designed to remove plaque and freshen breath so that dog owners don't have to brush their pet's teeth as often.
5. A Petmate two-door pet crate that'll give you the option of placing your pet in their home from the front or top. The sturdy crate is well-liked by pets but will likely become even more well-liked by you, as it makes putting feisty cats and small dogs into crates — whether to go to the vet, or simply put them in a time-out.
6. A de-shedding brush to remove any loose or shedding hair from your pet's coat. This top-rated tool collects loose hair without snagging strands or disrupting your pet's skin, and, thanks to a little button on the head of the device, it easily ejects everything it collects, making for super streamlined cleanup.
7. An automatic litter box so you don't have to incessantly worry about scooping after your cat uses the bathroom. The automatic design features odor-absorbing crystals and it rakes waste into a covered trap that can wait to be changed — as in, it won't smell up your whole house in the process. Best of all, a pre-portioned tray lasts up to 30 days.
8. A seemingly-magical waterless pet spray that uses natural ingredients to help decrease shedding between baths. What's more, the top-rated spray enhances skin health and will make your pup's coat look silkier than ever.
9. A booster seat for your small pet so they can see out the window whenever you take them on a ride. It comes with three stabilizing attachments, so in addition to giving them the best view, it keeps them safe, too.
10. A Snuggle Puppy behavioral aid toy to comfort your fur baby when they're scared. It's made with a heating pad and a life-like heartbeat to make them never feel alone. Oh, and did we mention that it's super soft? Yup, they'll love it.
11. A super-soft, donut-shaped bed for your pupper. The high sides and low center make it feel like they're being cuddled from all angles, so even if you're not home, they can be cozy as can be.
12. A tailored seat belt to keep your pupper safe while riding in the car without limiting their ability to sit, lay, and look out the window. The comfortable design hooks into your car's seatbelts so it's easy to add into your travel pet routine.
13. A pet ramp that will feel like a godsend for pets who have trouble getting in the car and insist on trying to do so themselves. This adjustable, 13-pound ramp can withstand up to 400 pounds, so it's great for animals of all sizes.
14. An arched grooming brush so your cat can brush its own fur whenever they want. Whether they hate being brushed or simply always like to be scratched, this best-selling self-groomer will come in handy.
15. A maze-like bowl to help teach your dog not to eat quite so quickly. The indented feeder is said to slow down consumption by up to 10 times which can be super beneficial for your pup's belly and overall digestion.
16. An anxiety jacket that's basically a weighted blanket for your dog. The soothing jacket is designed to apply constant gentle pressure, which, like a weighted blanket, calms the nervous system, and alleviates stress and anxiety. This, of course, makes it great for pups who are afraid of thunderstorms and the vet, as well as those who struggle with separation anxiety.
17. A medicated dog shampoo to pamper your pup's fur as much as you do your own hair. The best-selling colloidal oatmeal formula is designed to treat fungal and bacterial infections and soothe skin as a whole. In other words, it will make your pupper feel their best. What more could you want?
18. A bottle of stain lifter so your floor isn't perpetually discolored due to your pet's accidents. In addition to expertly lifting stains, this popular spray eliminates odor and works well on all floor surfaces.
19. A candle designed specifically for pet owners who wish their home didn't smell quite so... well, like animals lived in it. These candles are designed to not just mask pet odors, but eliminate them in the air. Thankfully, it comes in about a bajillion scents.
20. A car seat cover for any pet parent who's ever been at their wits' end with dog hair and seat scratches. This hammock cover fits between the front and back seats to protect your car without limiting your pups. Genius!
21. A snoot-soother balm so your pup's nose is never achy. The organic balm is specifically made for dry pup skin and comes in a handy travel stick so you can always have it on hand.
22. A paw-protection cream to keep your pet's paws safe and hydrated all year-long. Smearing the balm onto their paws will protect them against ultra-dry climates, hot pavement and sidewalks, ice, and more.
23. A liquid tartar remover for dogs who despise having their teeth brushed. By adding this solution to their water, you'll be able to dissolve plaque buildup and freshen their breath without the wrangling required to actually brush their teeth.
24. A pack of stain-removing pads that'll make taking care of pet stains easier than ever. Simply stomp the pad over the stain — pet-related or otherwise — and let it work its magic. For heavier stains, they recommend leaving it on for up to 24 hours.
25. A set of tear-remover combs to gently comb matted fur surrounding your pet's eyes. With just a few passes of these combs, your pet's mucus-stained fur will look noticeably better.
26. An automatic cat feeder so you can tend to your fur baby even if you're not home. The air-tight, Wi-Fi-enabled feeder hooks up to your phone to set feedings. Whether you want to set breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals or a timed-release for a 3 a.m. treat, this device will be a life-changer.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.