31 Pet Products From Amazon That Are Kinda Boring But Totally Necessary
From collapsible water bowls to magical ear treatments, these products will make caring for your pet easier than ever.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A paw-soother stick to ensure your pet's footpads aren't sore and achy. Whether your pup goes on lots of outdoor adventures with you or the winter is simply drying out their pads, this nourishing still will soothe their soles.
2. An odor-eliminating spray that you'll be so thankful for anytime your pet has an accident. The fast-acting spray lifts stains and eliminates odor on the spot. What's more, it actually deters your pet from pottying in the same spot.
3. A cat litter scoop, because this might not be super thrilling but comes in handy when your cat goes to the bathroom a lot. The slotted scoop makes picking up droppings easy, as it will filter out extra litter in the mix.
4. An anti-fungal footpad spray so you can cater to your dog or cat's paws. The antibacterial spray is formulated with cooling aloe to target everything from hot spots and rashes to cuts and scrapes.
5. An activated-carbon aquarium insert to keep fish bowls and tanks clean as can be. It's designed for tanks between 10 and 30 gallons and works to absorb odors and any discoloration that could make your aquarium look less than stellar.
6. An Exo Terra thermometer so your lizard's environment stays the perfect temperature. Simply attach it to the terrarium and keep an eye on your reptile friend to ensure they're as cozy as can be at all times.
7. A collapsible water bowl for your furry friend. Whether you're taking your pup to brunch or out on an adventure, it's important that they stay hydrated. This leak-proof bowl can be folded up so small it will fit in your pocket, so there's no excuse not to tote it along.
8. A box of 36 grain-free Greenies that your 25- to 50-pound dog will go nuts over. While the dental treats don't replace brushing, they will make your pup's mouth noticeably cleaner so that you don't have to brush as often.
9. A Petmate two-door pet crate for fur babies who like more than one entrance. The airline-approved crate is designed for small pets and will quickly become one of their favorite spots in the house.
10. A liquid tartar remover that will save you from so many doggy dentist visits. It's essentially mouthwash for pups — simply pour some in your dog's bowl, let them lap it up, and voila! Cleaner, brighter teeth and fresher-smelling breath one lap at a time.
11. A grooming rake so your pet's fur looks smooth and well-maintained whenever you want it to. The top-selling rake features rotating teeth to gently remove loose fur from the undercoat, making it a must for any pets who shed a lot.
12. A box of Febreze-scented kitty litter that will keep your cat happy and your home smelling fresh. The litter is self-clumping so once your cat goes to the bathroom in the litter it will clump up for easy removal.
13. A pet storage container so you can keep your pet's food fresh and organized. The two-compartment plastic container comes on wheels and includes a scoop for easy serving.
14. A dog carrier backpack that might not be the cutest accessory but will come in super handy when adventuring with your pet. It's water-resistant and can support small dogs and small-to-medium cats. And, don't worry: There's an opening for their head so that they can look around and enjoy the adventure, too.
15. A joint support chew for pups with achy limbs. It's made with anti-inflammatory glucosamine which helps to alleviate aches and pains by lubricating the joint. Many reviewers swear by them for their older pups.
16. A de-shedding tool to keep your cat's fur smooth and detangled. The FURminator comes with a stainless-steel cutting edge that gently removes any loose hair and the undercoat, all without snagging or pulling hair or damaging the skin.
17. A pet ramp so your pet can easily access higher surfaces—whether that be the counter, bed, backseat of your car, or wherever else they may venture. The adjustable ramp can hold up to 400 pounds, though it only weighs 13 pounds itself.
18. A 130-count box of teenie Greenies for 5- to 15-pound dogs. The dental hygiene sticks will clean their teeth and freshen their breath while convincing them they're chewing on a plain old bone.
19. An automatic litter box so you won't have to spend your spare time scooping up your cat's poo. The top-rated litter box is renowned for its ultra-cleaning power which, believe it or not, extends beyond the box. After all, by cutting back on clumps inside, it reduces litter getting dragged throughout the house.
20. A car seat cover to keep your car looking its best without having to forever leave your pup at home. The top-rated, waterproof seat cover features a hammock design that extends between the front and back seats to contain your pet while driving.
21. A Paw Plunger paw cleaner that'll keep your pup's feet (and your floors) squeaky clean post-adventure. The container is filled with soft bristles that gently remove any dirt or mud from the pads of your pup's paws. Simply add water, plunge their paws, and you can stop worrying about paw prints all over your floor.
22. A four-month supply of flea prevention for your small cat so you don't have to worry about them getting sick from letting them outside. The pre-measured application tubes are easy to apply, waterproof after 24 hours, and designed to keep your cat protected for up to 30 days.
23. An immunity-boosting allergy supplement to help sensitive dogs be, well, a little less sensitive. These soft chew supplements dose your pup with much-needed probiotics to boost their immune system and alleviate symptoms like sensitive skin and inflammation.
24. A Petmate ProValu double-door wire crate that can be used for travel and home use. Whether you strap it into your car or give it a home in your home, the sturdy kennel will be a life-saver thanks to its budge-proof precision lock system.
25. A seat belt to keep your fur baby safe while traveling in the car from point A to point B. As much fun as letting your pup roam around may be, like people, they deserve to be safe and secure while en route. Luckily, this latch-on design will keep them cozy and protected, all without restricting however they want to sit.
26. A pack of chicken nesting pads so your clucking feather babies have a cozy place to sit. Made with ultra-thin wood shavings, these beds ensure that your chicken's eggs will stay dry and cushioned.
27. A hydrocortisone ear treatment that'll help your pet's ears feel better. Designed for cats and dogs, this treatment soothes ear infections, redness, and inflammation caused by bacteria, fungi, and yeast. Simply squirt it in and let it get to work.
28. A 90-count pack of disposable pet waste bags so you're always prepared to pick up after your pet. Unlike most pet waste bags, these handy blue bags are infused with baking soda mask and overwhelming odors wafting from within.
29. A pet-hair remover to save you and your guests from getting covered in cat and dog hair every time you sit down on the couch. Simply swipe it over the surface and ogle as it magically lifts the hair away.
30. A pack of stain-removing pads so you can easily clean up your pet's accidents (because, face it, they happen). These pads can lift the nastiest stains — whether from pee, poop, or vomit — and proceeds actually support pets in need.
31. A pet nail Dremel to give your cat or dog a manicure so they'll stop scratching you (at least a little). This nail tool features two speeds and a 60-grit for safe filing.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.