27 Pet Products From Chewy That May Not Be Exciting, But Are Incredibly Useful
Products so incredibly useful, you'll wonder how you (and your fur baby) lived without them.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An eight-panel wall-mounted gate and playpen for folks looking for ways to keep their pet(s) safe without putting them in a crate for long periods of time. This sturdy unit can be assembled as a gate, or configured into a pen by using extra panels.
2. A set of carpeted pet stairs so your pet can easily get onto the bed, couch, or chair on their own. The stairs can be aligned straight, or finagled around the corner of a bed or couch.
3. An extremely durable airline-approved pet carrier that's great for traveling with your pup, as well as a safe space for them to sleep while on the go. After trying a variety of different pet carriers, this bag is my favorite, thanks to its spacious design, sturdy silhouette, top handles, messenger strap, and thick-yet-see-through mesh paneling (many of the other carriers I've tried are SO dark, and my little man just isn't about it).
4. And an extremely durable dog tote bag to use when you're not on a flight or long trip, but still need somewhere safe to stow your best pal. Made with the same high-quality materials as Roverlund's travel carrier, the tote bag offers just as much safety and support for your pup, with a narrower silhouette made with running to the store in mind. It has an ergonomic neck scoop so your pup can take in the scene, and a heavy-duty rope leash that will keep your pup comfortable and secure within it.
5. And, while we're at it, a matching durable pet bed, in case you like to be matchy-matchy like I often do. The Roverlund Dog Bed is designed to hold up against scratches and is resistant to dirt and stains. What's more, unlike traditional round or rectangular beds, it's an octagon, which gives your pup plenty of little cozy corners to snuggle up into.
6. A quilted orthopedic dog bed that's beloved by Chewy shoppers for its washable removable cover and bolstered design.
7. A top-selling pet ramp to ensure your pup can easily get into and out of the car. The folding ramp weighs about 10 pounds and can support up to 150 pounds. Additionally, it's lined with a nonslip mat that will help give your pup more traction while they're making their way into your ride.
8. A rolling pet backpack so you can wear your pup or kitty on your back, or roll them around in royal-level comfort. It's roomy, water-resistant, and perfect for puppies who aren't quite the best leash walkers yet.
9. A Petmate kennel that will quickly become a safe space for your pup. I put my pup, Cash, in his at night and he sleeps like a baby. It has two doors, so it's great for transporting your pup to the vet, too — some doggies get scared and back into their crate, so being able to pick them up from the top is super helpful.
10. A booster seat for your small pet, so they can ride safely and see out the window whenever you take them in the car. It comes with three stabilizing attachments and buckles into the seatbelt, so your lil' buddy will be secure.
11. A Snuggle Puppy, so your pup won't feel quite as alone when you're not around. What seems like a slightly larger-than-usual stuffed toy is actually a behavioral aid device complete with a heartbeat that can be turned on and off. Take it from someone who has one for her puppy: It's life-changing!
12. A self-cleaning litter box for the cat who loves having a clean place to go and the cat parents who hate having to clean up after them. The automated litter box scoops waste away to keep the box and surrounding area smelling fresh for days on end. It might be pricey, but can you put a price on not having to clean a litter box yourself anymore?
13. A jumbo pack of disposable pee pads so your pup will be able to sniff their way to the right place to go potty. The pads are designed with pheromones to draw your pup to the right spot. And once they potty, the pad absorbs liquid and neutralizes the odor.
14. A pop-up playpen for pets and pet parents who like to stay on the go. Whether you're headed to a winery, relative's house, or friend's baby shower, having this little playpen on hand will let your friend stay comfortable while also keeping them from roaming and getting into any trouble. It folds down easily and comes in a convenient carrying bag.
15. An artificial grass pad to help train your pup to go potty on grass, or serve as an emergency potty during inclement weather or late nights. While you can use this at any stage of potty training, it's especially helpful for anyone with pups who aren't yet fully vaccinated against parvo and can't yet be exposed to ground where other dogs may have been. It's treated with an antimicrobial finish that prevents odors from lingering and comes with a drawer to catch waste. So, while it may seem a little silly, it's actually quite practical.
16. An odor-eliminating spray that helps remove stains and odors fast. Each spritz releases the bacteria that feeds on your pet's accidents, eliminating the urine completely and deterring your pet from peeing in the same spot again.
17. An end table-style crate to transform your dog's crate into a nice part of your decor. This way —especially if you live in a small space — their kennel won't overshadow the whole room. Plus, the top surface can be used for storage.
18. A FURminator grooming rake so that brushing your pup is easier than ever. The FURminator is beloved for its gentle design and expert hair-grabbing abilities, so you'll be very glad to have it on hand — especially if you have a pup who sheds a lot.
19. A shaggy Best Friends by Sheri cuddle bed that will make your pet feel cuddled even when you're too busy to snuggle with them. It's made with heat-reflecting fabric, so it will keep them warm, too.
20. A bone-shaped lick pad to help distract your dog long enough to groom and bathe them. Simply spread peanut butter onto it, stick it to the wall and fall in love with just how well it works.
21. A PetSafe treat pouch that will make rewarding your pup easier than ever. Rather than trying to fumble with a treat bag when out on a walk, this pouch springs open for easy handling, and has three separate treat sections. It can be clipped onto your leash or pocket, or worn as a fanny pack. I have one and can attest to how much easier (and faster) it makes the rewarding process. And any puppy owner knows, you have to be fast to mark good behaviors.
22. A set of potty training bells, so your furry friend can let you know when it's time to go without barking or scratching at the door.
23. A bag of Greenies Feline Dental Cat Treats that will make cleaning your cat's teeth less of a struggle. The catnip-infused treats are super easy to use — just give your kitty one and let them chow down, removing bad breath and tartar in the process.
25. And while you're at it, stock up on Greenies Pill Pockets, too. They're great for stubborn pups who don't readily take their meds — you can fold their pills inside these treats. With these always in stock in my home, I never have to worry about Cash fiddling with his monthly heartworm meds — he gobbles it down in one excited bite.
26. A cooling dog vest so your furbaby won't get overheated during the dog days of summer. Simply dunk it in water, wring it out, and put it on your pup. Cash, who usually is not a big fan of clothes, happily wears his on hot outdoor adventures. Plus, talk about a cute photo opp!
27. A pack of odor-free bully sticks to 1) help your dog focus their chewing on something constructive, and 2) to save your nose from having to smell the stinky non-odor-free alternative. I literally buy a bag of these every month and Cash sits and eagerly acts like the goodest boy if I so much as walk over to the drawer where they're kept. They're a godsend.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.