27 Fitness Products Reviewers Say Are Perfect For Beginners
From all-inclusive kits to the trendiest ankle weights on the market, here you'll find plenty of products to inspire you to work out.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A P.Volve Starter Kit so you have everything you need to make the most of the fan-favorite app's workouts. The kit, which includes a p.ball, p.band, 1.5 lb. ankle weights, heavy ankle band, and gliders, comes with a 3-month digital membership as well as 30-day unlimited access to the Live Virtual Studio. In other words, you'll have no excuse not to work out.
2. A set of Walito resistance bands so you can get a burn even if you don't have weights on hand. The pack of bands includes light, medium, and heavy nonslip bands specifically designed for leg and booty workouts—though, if you loop them around your wrists or hold them in your hands, you could use them for arm burns, too.
3. A Tone It Up jump rope for easy-breezy jump seshes. The lightweight rope comes with padded, easy-grip handles and is designed to easily loop under your feet for fuss-free jumping.
4. A rack of three sets of light weights for folks looking to add beginner lifting to their routine. The coated dumbbells are easy to grip and thanks to their soft exterior, less likely to cause calluses.
5. A set of Bala Bangles to make any walk, leg exercise, or arm workout that much more challenging. The bangles are available in 1/2-pound, 1-pound, and 2-pound options, all of which use heavy-duty velcro to secure them in place. ICYMI: They're the be-all, end-all fitness accessory for celebs, models, and everyday gals.
6. A weighted fitness hoop that will make your workout as much fun as possible. the hoop itself weighs two pounds and is padded so it's comfortable while spinning.
7. A running belt to remind you to bring along your essentials so you don't accidentally lock yourself out of your house while establishing your new fitness routine. The top-rated belt can hold keys, money, IDs, and more, all without interfering with your workout.
8. A Thigh Master device that'll take your inner leg workout to a whole new level. The hinged device is designed to be squeezed between your thighs and, in doing so, helps to tone one of the most difficult-to-tone areas of the body.
9. A Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Under Desk Elliptical Foot Pedal Exerciser for folks who are slowly trying to get back into working out. The best-selling elliptical can be used while sitting, making it especially great for folks who have trouble finding time to work out.
10. A lightweight sculpting bar that will help you tone your arms with very little effort. And since it's just a straightforward bar, it won't require lots of storage, either.
11. A gallon water bottle to inspire you to stay well hydrated as you embark on your new fitness journies. The jug, which comes with a convenient (and cute) braided handle and is designed to be opened with just one hand, is labeled with motivational reminders to sip throughout the day.
12. An extra-thick Gaiam floor mat so you have something to cushion your knees, elbows, and/or hands on the floor. After all, if you haven't knelt into a push-up or hunkered down into a plank in a long time, doing so on the hard ground can hurt.
13. A pull-up bar to take your upper body and core strength to new heights. Best of all, you can remove it from your door frame and put it on the floor to double as a tricep dip bar, too.
14. A pack of exercise sliders for folks who love low-impact movement that delivers results. Fun fact: If you like Pilates or megaformer classes, many of the moves can be taken from the megaformer to the floor with sliders.
18. A set of push-up bars to help you become the best push-upper on the block. The handled discs plant firmly into the ground and rotate for safe and stable motion both up and down.
19. A Tone It Up Kettle Bell that will help you swing, push, and lift your way to optimal physical fitness. The 8-pound kettlebell works wonderfully for lunge pass-throughs, tricep extensions, bicep curls, and more.
20. An aerobic exercise step-deck so you can step your way to a healthier you. The deck comes with a 27" x 11" wide platform and a set of risers so that it can be as low as 4 inches and as high as 6.
21. The DB Method machine to help perfect your squats as you excel from beginner to intermediate to pro. Designed to help put your weight into your glutes, this machine helps to exceptionally tone your bum one squat at a time. And, since you're supposed to hold on while squatting down, it makes squats more accessible for beginners.
22. An exercise ball for folks hoping to work not only on toning but stability, too. The ball comes with a stability ring so that you won't roll around while using it, and it has attached bands for simple-yet-scorching at-home workouts.
23. A medicine ball so you can upgrade your ab routine or even add a little weight to a game of catch. Whichever you choose, your body will thank you.
24. A Tone It Up resistance band that will make doing arm exercises without weights easier than ever. The soft-grip, flexible band is 48 inches, and within the Tone It Up app owners can discover how to make the best use of it.
25. A mini pilates ball to help you hone in on core exercises. Despite it's all size, it can withstand up to 600 pounds of pressure, so no need to worry about it popping while squeezing it between your legs à la Pure Barre.
26. A Love Sweat Fitness 2-in-1 Foam Roller that will make it easy to stretch and recover post-workout. The tie-dye mini roller features nobs and ridges to gently massage muscles and prevent lactic acid from building up. The result? You'll be less sore if you use it after each workout.
27. Last but not least, a stretching poster so you know how to adequately stretch your body post-sweat.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.