31 Trendy *And* Comfy Things You Can Get At Target For Under $40
Because there's no reason why you shouldn't be both stylish *and* comfortable as heck.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A pair of liquid leggings, because they are a great alternative to leather leggings (which aren't always that comfortable) but still give you the same look.
2. A pink jumpsuit that'll check off every single box for the perfect WFH look? YES, you need it. Plus it has pockets (a lot of pockets). Plus it'll give you a perfect off-duty vibe — just toss on some oversized sunnies, and you're ready to go.
3. A comfy long-sleeve, ribbed top with unique lines to jazz up any pair of jeans or leggings. The shirt is simple yet will give any look a feminine flair so that you can feel like the romantic lead in a Hallmark movie.
4. A houndstooth sweater to channel your inner Cher from Clueless — not to mention it's cute and all over your IG feed. It's the perfect ~autumnal ~ pattern, especially if you're a little bored of plaid.
5. A pair of fleece joggers because this isn't a want, this is a need. This might just be the most perfect pair of pants you've ever owned.
7. A fleece hoodie, because this is the perfect item to keep you warm and cozy this season, especially on a rainy day. Bonus: There are so many color options to choose from!
8. A pair of comfy leggings that masquerade as jeans? Yes, please, plus the frayed edges are *chef's kiss.*
9. A duster sweater, because it's basically a cape. Is there anything better than walking through your home with a flowy cape? The answer is NO!
10. A striped sweater that everyone needs at least one in their wardrobe. Keyword: at least one. And if stripes aren't your thing, this comes in solid colors, as well.
11. A cable knit cardigan is great and all, but there's nothing like a classic cable knit sweater for having something that's legit perfect for any occasion, even if that means drinking alone with your cat.
12. A pair of high-waisted leggings because let's be real here, they're your most worn-bottoms at this point. So you're probably due for a new pair ASAP.
13. A chenille pullover because sometimes, we all want to feel like a teddy bear. Talk about big cuddle energy.
14. A super soft pair of joggers because sometimes you need to cuddle up with a glass of wine and watch The Bachelorette. (Trust me: I'm basically living in these.)
15. A mock turtle neck pullover that'll make any outfit feel and look sophisticated, even if you only got up like five minutes ago.
16. A preppy pullover because let's face it, patterns are ~so in~ right now! This top is perfect for channeling your inner Gossip Girl or Emily in Paris.
17. A scoop neck tee for a seriously underrated staple — it's the perfect base for any outfit. Like seriously, you're gonna want 10 of these.
18. A pair of oversized joggers because who needs to sweats, where you can wear their stylish and trendy cousin. Although it seems a little basic, these babies will become an everyday staple for you. These joggers are best styled with a massive cup of caffeine.
19. A lightweight hoodie for the perfect WFH essential, and there are even matching pants! (NGL, I'm wearing this hoodie in pink right now. Yes, seriously.)
20. A comfy puffed-sleeve dress because you need to look fab for your next virtual brunch, date, or happy hour. Did we mention this is 100% cotton?
21. A pair of cloud wash joggers so you can continue to stan tie-dye everything. The soft fabric is perfect for days when you don't want to leave your bed.
22. A short-sleeve wrap dress that'll be sure to capture the hearts of many. Who says cottagecore can't be autumnal? Just throw on a pair of tights and your favorite booties, and you're ready to live your best life.
23. A cable knit cardigan – it never goes out of style. We really mean ~it never goes out of style~ — just go ask Taylor Swift, who dropped a song called "Cardigan" (which is probably about this).
24. A pair of pinstripe pants for days when you're feeling a little fancier — and as a bonus, they're actually comfortable. The tailored trend has been floating around for a while, and we are living for it.
25. A bright, fitted turtleneck so you'll automatically look put-together, especially in these autumnal shades. #Facts
26. A wide-legged pair of lounge pants because wide-legged pants have been trending all year and they're here to stay, so why not embrace the '70s trend in the most 2020 way (the ~cozy~ way).
28. An ombre short-sleeve sweater because sometimes we need to feel warm and fuzzy on the inside and on the outside. Plus, this is just super cute! For the full look, add a cup of hot cocoa with a ton of mini marshmallows.
29. A pair of fleece joggers that can change your life. These pants have a luxurious look and feel to them, and will make you feel like you're lounging on a cloud.
30. A flowy dress because sometimes you just need to throw on something quickly, since you woke up 10 minutes before your first Zoom meeting of the day.
31. A plaid button-down that knows sometimes you just need an outdoorsy 'fit for hiking and camping this season. Bonus: This button-down is made from cotton and recycled cotton. Let's be real here, recycling is always on-trend.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.